Insanity nutrition plan and practicality

Options
So I was reading over the Insanity nutrition guide, and I'm not trying to make excuses, but I'm on a limited budget (got the program from a friend who hated it. Yay, me!). I'm trying to figure out how to make this work for me.

Ideally, I'd LOVE to have a different meal from each section of the plan every day, but that's simply not going to happen. I notice there are some staples I can buy in bulk, but buying for one is still NOT easy. I'm hesitant to stick to one or two meals from each section, ignoring the nutrition provided by all the options, but I'm not sure I have any other choice.

Anyone have any success going OFF of this plan but staying in the caloric intake range for each meal? For example, if I buy a bag of spinach, could I find creative things to do with it that still provide the basics that the Insanity meal plan suggests?

I'm open to whatever advice you guys have. This program is right up my ridiculous alley, and I really want it to work but I don't want to go into debt over it.

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i got great results and didnt follow it at all.
  • Chrisgarcia1287
    Options
    I did not follow the plan either and my results have been really good. I stick to a 15% fat, 50-55% Carbs and 30-35% Protein diet.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity as well. but i'm not doing the nutrition plan. I have 2 kids, So what ever I eat, they have to eat, as I refuse to make 2 meals. So I have to make meals kid friendly and there are some things, there is no way they will eat.

So stick with what Chris said.