You don't need to be in shape to use a gym

Options
I know some people who believe this. That people will be saying "LOL FATTY YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!" This is you,

iduds1.jpg .

Honestly, people may think judgmental things, but nobody is going to walk up to you and say "Get out" because you're out of shape. If you're not as fit as you want to be, then the gym is where you want to be. And after seeing you there a while, people will be envious and respectful of your commitment. Take this from a fatty that has been at it for a while. I've had ripped guys come up to me while I'm resting between sets of lifting baby weights and asked how much weight I've lost or just to say something nice or complimentary.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I think its all a mind game..sad thing is most of us are playing with ourselves.. We are our worst enemy..After a year of going to the gym..I don't care who stares..at-least I am getting my *kitten* in there
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is true. When I see someone at the gym who is heavy and clearly just starting out with fitness, I think they are awesome. Everyone starts somewhere. The key is to START.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I go to planet fitness, and it says on the wall, "Judgement-free zone", and that's the principal they all live by. Everyone seems to adhere to it there, but everyone's too quiet for me. No one talks, unless it's a buddy that came with them. But I guess we're there to work out, not socialize!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I would also like to add, you can still use the gym if you're skinny too!

I see way to many "*****, you're skinny, get off the machine and let someone who actually needs to lose weight use it."

We ALL have the right to the gym! :)
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I would also like to add, you can still use the gym if you're skinny too!

I see way to many "*****, you're skinny, get off the machine and let someone who actually needs to lose weight use it."

We ALL have the right to the gym! :)

That's how skinny folks STAY skinny! :)
  • thickgurly
    thickgurly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It took me a long time to get over that, but now i am like who cares!!! I am here for the same reason everyone else is here.. I love working out!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i would like to add.. if you have chicken legs... please SQUAT and stop benching. that is all
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm still the "fatty", but not near the one when I first started going to a gym. I lost the first 100lbs without really any exercise, but then joined the gym. I actually found that most people were friendly & offered to help me in any way they could. Keep in mind, I was 550+ pounds @ that point. There will always be a few *kitten*, but most were friendly & even helpful.:smile:
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    i would like to add.. if you have chicken legs... please SQUAT and stop benching. that is all

:drinker: Yes!