Looking for other female running friends!

Options
I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon that's at the end of April and I love having other friends on MFP that are runners and lift weights. It motivates me so much!! Thanks

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do my first half this summer.
  • mbcasey2009
    mbcasey2009 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Holla! I've run 6 half marathons, hoping to do another one in a month or so. Got the running thing down, need to do more weights so maybe you can motivate me! Feel free to friend request! And good luck and happy running!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    doing my first 1/2 marathon this summer too!
  • RunningAggie
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing my second half this summer, along with two sprint tris. I'm also training for the WDW marathon next January. I need to get a strength training program going so feel free to add me and maybe we can help each other!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i never thought i'd type this, but i guess it's true... i'm a runner too! i'm still not sure about running a half marathon, but i have run 62 miles so far this month, so i suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to make the jump if i got the notion. sent you a request!

any other runners and supportive friends, feel free to friend me as well!
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'll add you- just about to race my first 10k in a few weeks, then I'll be on to training for a half. I also do Chalean Extreme for lifting.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Actually it's not letting me add you. Maybe you could try adding me?
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

ooh thanks.

i've created a general running group called 'runners r us'

I'm training atm for 10km. Got my 1st 5km race 1st April, which i'm excited about.

Aiming to do a half marathon in october.

Feel free to add me.

love having more running friends.
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i cant seem to send any friend requests right now :( add me if you like.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7537559
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    HEY GIRL!! :bigsmile:

I have Lindsay as a Friend on MFP:happy: .........She's an Awesome friend to have!!!
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I been wanting to start running but I don't know where to begin the healthy way.... Any advice would be great or feel free to add me and share your advice to me. Thanks everyone:)
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I been wanting to start running but I don't know where to begin the healthy way.... Any advice would be great or feel free to add me and share your advice to me. Thanks everyone:)

hi! before i started mfp i had never heard of c25k.... when i kept hearing great things about it, i gave it a try. basically it's a training program that helps you work your way up from running little to none to a 5k. google c25k and you'll find all kinds of helpful info to get started! it worked wonders for me! (and i've never liked running... ever...)
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Count me in too as a convert! Feel free to add me - I'm slow, but I'm still moving!!
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much j, I'll go check it out right now. I did a little running first time today. Walked then ran 2, walked,ran 3 almost 4mins etc... Excited to do more each time :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just started about 6 weeks ago. Doing a couch to 10k program, and should get there in about 7 more weeks :-)
    Currently running solo, but would love some buddies, even just virtual ones :-p
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    I'm a runner, but I don't have enough estrogen to be your friend. :sad:
  • amusco_rn
    amusco_rn Posts: 32
    Options
    Running my 8th (or 9th...I've lost track) 1/2 in May! Also doing P90x and Insanity for kicks. Feel free to add me as well!
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :D Running my FIRST half-marathon on May 19th.... The most I've ever ran all in one go was 8 miles a few weeks ago (we meet up on Saturdays and run) and this Saturday will be 9 miles :huh: I'm always soooo nervous before lol