How much does it really matter...?

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I STILL don't know WTF it is. Nor do I care. Really? Thigh gap. I feel like this thread was pulled from Dr. Freakin' Strangelove, "Mr. President! We must not allow a thigh gap!"
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Nah sorry honey. The arm pit gap is where it's at now. If you can throw a pencil through your armpit you just aren't worth it.
  • Isis669
    Isis669 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well obviously I am not a guy so maybe my opinion doesn't count here, but that has been bothering me a lot too because there are a ton of runners on my campus with really super skinny legs. I personally would like to achieve it just because I like the look of thin (healthy-thin, that is) legs, but that might come from the whole ballet thing - lean muscle looks better to me than bulk. But I hardly think it's a make-it-or-break-it beauty standard, unless you're planning on being a supermodel. If you're healthy and like the way you look then forget about what anyone else tells you about beauty.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ummm, to answer ur topic question......it doesn't matter at all and who the heck would even worry bout it whether you have one or not??????
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I think I need to google it to find out what it is. Having said that, I'm pretty sure my answer is that it's not good or bad. It just is (or isn't). now to google thigh gap and see what I get.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Some (such as myself) are not physiologically capable of having a thigh gap. It is all to do with the width of the pelvis and the angle your legs come from your hips. I think the only way I'd ever have it was if I had some terrible wasting disease.
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    I enjoy a nice thigh gap as I run behind women on the trail, it allows me to see the trail in front of me.

LOL! Too funny.

I don't think a thigh gap is an area that concerns most guys...
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I like to see a thigh gap myself, but thats just for me as I think it looks better and there is no rubbing from the two thighs touching. I'm not trying to achieve that to impress my husband or anybody else for that matter.
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Until this afternoon I have never heard of or thought about such a thing.

Honestly,when we like you (ladies) most of us like you for who you are,how you are.

well put
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i love it.. not a big deal if its not there.. but im a big fan! lol
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Mostly I think it's women who care about it.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think I have ever seen a thigh gap come with the type of legs I want for myself......
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The thigh gap?? What the @#! Now we're sposed to have a gap between our thighs!? Thats a goal for 14 year old girls, most grown would look anerexic with a thigh gap. And you probably have to watch how tight you wear your pants!!:wink:
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Until this afternoon I have never heard of or thought about such a thing.

Honestly,when we like you (ladies) most of us like you for who you are,how you are.

ladies,
    guys like this?
    are keepers :ohwell:
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Some (such as myself) are not physiologically capable of having a thigh gap. It is all to do with the width of the pelvis and the angle your legs come from your hips. I think the only way I'd ever have it was if I had some terrible wasting disease.

^this^

(I'm not a guy, but) I come from a family of very narrow-hipped women, and so non-gapped is what I tend to think of as "normal." This is just me personally, and I'd never say so to anyone out loud, but my deep inner id-child sometimes has to be mentally reminded that a thigh gap is just part of the natural variation among human bodies: it really doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with the person.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. There are too many other things *way* more important than a gap between your thighs. Seriously, what are we going to do with that gap? If there's not enough room between your thighs, it's easy enough to make more. That's all I have to say.

Edit: I mean, in all my days of checking out girls, I can not recall a single instance of either myself or another dude saying, "Damn, check out the gap between *her* thighs!" Like I said, there are plenty of other things to get distracted by.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that thigh gap isn't the gap between ladies legs that most men are concerned about.

^ lmfao!
    in all honesty though, this is more about genetics i remember when i was dancing in high school at 110 pounds at a size 4 my thighs still touched then so who cares imho.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Ya know, we're not THAT shallow gender >.<

I consider myself a pretty shallow man and even I never gave something like that a thought...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to not have the chub rub anymore. I hate it. Not sure if that requires a thigh gap or less of one....
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    No matter how small I get, my thighs still seem to touch --___--