Ladies - Bra question and breast topic

Options
Well most ladies have the opposite problem, that their breast are the first to go (for me the first to go besides the fat in my face has been my butt, hips, and legs). I, however have lost 110lbs and only 1 cup size. I know that most of you would say "Consider yourself lucky" I'm not down about that, I don't mind them being there. I like that I can fill out a top. However, and before I go into the however, let me express that lately I've been picking myself apart and this could just be another thing to find wrong since the fat is going down I guess I need something to pick apart? Urggg. Anyways, 2 years ago when I started my journey I wore a 40 DD, I've gone down 1 cup size since, a lot of inches around but only 1 cup, 34 D. Well the 34 D fits great around but the cups appear to not fit right. Did my cup size go back up? Or does the cup from a 34 and a 36 differ? I have a 36 that I wear right now because the cups fit and I don't like how the 34 cups make me bust out, to me it looks tacky in a top. Well that's the bra question, now for the breast topic. I was pregnant in 2010 and had her in December of 2010, after I had her, my boobs were perky, and I guess the milk helped that, but now, now they are saggy and look like well if boobs could look like cottage cheese, its about what I'd call them lol... They don't look lumpy, just gross lol. The only way I can make them not look gross is by wearing a push up bra. My husband says I'm crazy, but then again, like I said maybe I'm just picking something apart? My question is, has anyone else noticed their boobs looking more saggy, feeling like they are just gross? Is there anything you can do to make them more ummmmmmm, perky?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    First off, go get sized at a good store! Macy or Victoria's Secret have good sizing, same with JCP.

Not sure if you know this or not (I just learned it recently), but certain sized bras are the same. For example, I wear a 38C. But I can also fit into a 36D. If you go up a cup size, you go down a band size. So I think a 40DD is the same as a 42D (but it is harder to find that so that is probably why you wore a 40DD). That probably doesn't help you but it's interesting!

I think if you do chest exercises, it helps. Like chest presses, etc.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I would say to start to left weights and work out your chest back and shoulder muslces, mine get really slinky and weird not at all round when I dont work them out but after working them out the spread up and out and look fabulase and feel fabulas, so get those muscles undernith a left and you will like what yu see I am sure
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yes the cup between 34D and 36D are different. My guess is you are actually a 34DD or maybe even more. The rule of thumb is to have the same volume of breast tissue, you go down a cup up a band.

So 34D = 36C in breast size (and 38B is the same as 34D in breast size as well.)

Personally, I am down almost 30 pounds, and I am up a cup and down a band. I started at ~ 38FF-G/36GG-H. Right now I am a 36HH and sadly, the 36s are feeling a little big, I'll need to drop to a 34 soon. I hope I will lose a cup in the process, and drop to 34HH/I or even lower. Cups past H are very difficult to find in brick and mortar stores. :( I hope when I get to goal I drop in the cup and the band. OK enough of me ranting.

Go to Nordstrom or similar department store for a fitting. DO NOT GO TO VICTORIAS SECRET. They will give you a BS size to make sure it is one they carry in the store. So if you are really a 34DDD, they'll just give you a 36DD because they don't carry DDD.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

I lost a LOT of weight. One day after a shower, my (then) husband said: "How was the party?" I said "What party???" He pointed to my boobs and said, "The one you went to a week ago.... but the party balloons are deflated"

Shortly after that comment he paid for my mastopexy surgery :)

And then I filed for divorce.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've been measured a few times, I've done my own measurements as well. I was measured at Fredrick's (bra store here more of a lingerie) and Victoria Secret's. Victoria Secret's Told me I was a 36 D, then when I said that my straps fall on a 36 with the things tighten as far as they go and that it's pretty loose on my back as well. She then said "Oh, well then go to a 34 D" and I took her advice and now the 34 I bust out of. Fredrick's said I was in a 34 DD and the site I went to and put my measurements in said 34 DD to 34 E.

So I guess I'll go for that 34 DD...

I do lift weights, so just keep doing those? I just recently started the weights though. I also do yoga. I am trying hard to get a flat tummy and cut arms.
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    The ladies at Lane Bryant are great when it comes to bra fittings. I always lose band size and gain cup size. They explained that the smaller the band the bigger the cup. They also informed me that b/c of the band size loss and cup size gain that my breast must be more muscle tissue than fat and I should be glad about that. Sometimes they just get in the way but I am happier being a 38F rather than a 42 LONG :-)

They also taught me that over time our bras stretch from daily wear, washing etc so the day I buy my bras, they should fit snuggly against my sternum when hooked on the very last set of eyelets (the ones furthest away from the body of the bra) and move them in as the bra ages and stretches. They told me that the only time we should hook our bras in the first set of eyelets is when we begin shopping for new ones.
    Hope this helps a little...
  • chrisy0316
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

I lost a LOT of weight. One day after a shower, my (then) husband said: "How was the party?" I said "What party???" He pointed to my boobs and said, "The one you went to a week ago.... but the party balloons are deflated"

Bravo Madam! Bravo! :-)
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    We don't have a lane bryant, but I do appreciate the advice on cup sizes, I never really understood that, and the lady at Victoria Secret's made me think I should keep my cup size.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

What a horrid thing to say to you. It is no wonder you are divorced.

Skin tissue does shrink with time. Keep the girls well supported and Loofa and use cocoa butter. Your skin will slowly respond. Bra size can change with the style and brand. Schwartz's is a great place to get fitted. I am not sure where you are located, but you can google for the closest location to you. Lumpy breasts can be an indication of high estrogen or pre-menopause.

Be patient with your journey and keep in mind that it is a journey.
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Definitely go and get properly measured. Most of us women where the wrong size bra. the classic mistake is wearing to big around the chest - i.e the 38 or 40 measurement etc. and then to compensate too small in the cup.
    an expert fitting usually feels tighter than you are used to around the chest but suddenly your bad girls look great and a lot more perky!
    Em
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

What a horrid thing to say to you. It is no wonder you are divorced.

Skin tissue does shrink with time. Keep the girls well supported and Loofa and use cocoa butter. Your skin will slowly respond. Bra size can change with the style and brand. Schwartz's is a great place to get fitted. I am not sure where you are located, but you can google for the closest location to you. Lumpy breasts can be an indication of high estrogen or pre-menopause.

Be patient with your journey and keep in mind that it is a journey.

Oh dear God, I just turned 30 I hope it's nothing of the sort haha.. But no they aren't "Lumpy" they just look gross and when I think of gross on my body for some reason I think of cottage cheese haha.. But I think it's more of the stretch marks and I do use coco butter all over my body after each shower, and I've totally noticed a different's especially in my stomach and legs.
  • jadedone
    Options
    We don't have a lane bryant, but I do appreciate the advice on cup sizes, I never really understood that, and the lady at Victoria Secret's made me think I should keep my cup size.

Warning about Lane Bryant. They don't usually carry bigger cups with smaller bands. My local stores don't usually keep any 36s in stock. And well they don't go high enough in the cup for me. But if you are 38C-DDD or 40+ (C-G or H cup) it should work well. You are SOL if you are a 36 or 34.
  • jadedone
    Options
    Definitely go and get properly measured. Most of us women where the wrong size bra. the classic mistake is wearing to big around the chest - i.e the 38 or 40 measurement etc. and then to compensate too small in the cup.
    an expert fitting usually feels tighter than you are used to around the chest but suddenly your bad girls look great and a lot more perky!
    Em

So true. I spent a few years wearing 40s, and I was a 36-38, and 38 only in the non stretchy lace bras. A lot of us have narrower shoulders than we think (even though we are larger). For me ~220 pounds = 34-36 band size.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    LOL I've never seen a 34 DD at any local stores that are decent around here... I bet I'll have to order online.
  • jadedone
    Options
    LOL I've never seen a 34 DD at any local stores that are decent around here... I bet I'll have to order online.

Do you have a Macy's? Macy's is well stocked for anything under DDD. I think Target also has DDs. I am pretty sure Walmart does as well. DDD is where it starts to get really tough to buy bras. (I have a friend who is a 32F, that size sells out fast)
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

Like! :D
  • dizzycoolbabe
    dizzycoolbabe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Once those ligaments go - there's no turning back and the older us women get, the more mass we lose in our breasts and they start heading south! You COULD try chest exercises, but not sure they're much use tbh!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Women live in an unrealistic world where boobs should appear perfect and perky and not touch the skin below. If you have big boobs, they won't be perfect and as perky as fake ones (nothing wrong with those, just saying there is a difference). You're too down on yourself. If your husband likes them, then show them off to him and allow him to make you feel like a goddess :)You've lost an incredible amount of weight.

Edit to say: Agreed with anyone on chest exercises and getting fitted for a proper bra. Doesn't hurt to make yourself feel a little better about it.
  • KikiFraser
    Options
    OMG!! haha congrats/i'm sorry!! :) (to:plastic)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Do you have a Macy's? Macy's is well stocked for anything under DDD. I think Target also has DDs. I am pretty sure Walmart does as well. DDD is where it starts to get really tough to buy bras. (I have a friend who is a 32F, that size sells out fast)

THIS. I had one of the sales women at Macy's size me properly, and I was wearing the wrong size in every way.