I'm new, need motivation! Anyone around college age I'd love

Options
I'm new to this and just started working out again about 3 weeks ago, strugglin with portion control :( so I'd need some inspiration! ..and I don't know ANYONE on here so someone to chat with would be awesome :)

Replies

• lucy0326
    lucy0326 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just started this a few days ago so Im still trying to get the hang of it. But I get what you mean about portion control, I have the same problem. I would like to have someone talk to about it, add me if you would like.
  • arjun07
    arjun07 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Feel free to add me. Keeping a diary of what you eat will help immensely. University student here.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    i'm not around college age as i'm nearly 25!! but i'll help motivate you

I wish portion control didn't exist and we could all eat what we want, when we want without getting bigger!

Basically i was told this: meat should be the size of your fist, any carbs (pasta, potatoes) should be about half a tennis ball and as much veg as you want!

I'll send a request :)
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    Add me if you want to, I'll do what I can to motivate you!
  • hollyrlambert
    hollyrlambert Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey! I joined this awhile ago but stopped and just came back to it, I actually missed it haha. University student too so I'll add you :).
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    My Vacation age is right around the college age...Does that count? lol
  • tanga_gurl
    tanga_gurl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hey you can add me if you like, I started about 3 or 4 weeks ago and im down 9lbs so far, in need of more mfp buddies tho!
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a grad student in Sydney. ^__^
  • only2bfit
    only2bfit Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips and motivation!! I'm more than welcome to help anyone else get motivated too, I'm good at keepin othere ppl on the right track, just not myself.. Haha :/

Haylz24- Yes, I def agree with ya about wishing portions didn't exist! Unfortunately I can't ignore it though if I wanna lose this weight!! Thanks for the tips I'll def keep it in mind, especially if i go out to eat and they don't have nutrion facts or a bar code to scan.
  • only2bfit
    Options
    & of course vacation age counts! haha :P
  • elizabeth509
    Options
    What really helped me with portion control is eating off of smaller plates and eating slowly. I actually made a conscious effort to listen to my stomach and not eat until I was full. Also once I started actually writing down everything I ate it made a world of difference! Now I feel more aware of everything I put into my body.
    Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • only2bfit
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, yeah since I've been writing it down in my diary its been helping! I'll try using small plates, to be honest I haven't been using plates I get deli meals and sandwiches a lot and just eat off whatever it comes in lol.
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    Dude, chat with me!
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want! I am a college student and always down for more mfp friends!
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm a student. Feel free to add me!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a sophomore in college and I've been on MFP since last August, but it's been a journey. I completely understand the difficulty! Portion control is one of the harder things, especially in the beginning. And in college? Talk about almost impossible trying to eat healthy!
    Some things I try: eating slower. This way I can listen to my stomach and see when it's full. And with the portions? In the beginning I measured things out, but now I can play it more by eye.
    As for restaurants: some have menus online so you can plan ahead what you're going to eat. And you don't even have to eat the whole meal. You can eat say half and save the rest for later. Or you can see what all is in the meal, look it up in the MFP database, and put it together yourself. It's time-consuming, but if you really want to know the calorie count....

Anyway,I hope this helps. And feel free to add me! (Same goes for anyone) :)
  • baasland
    baasland Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm almost done my second year of school.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly college age (25), but you can add me as well if you'd like :) I'm (usually, aside from right now as I'm getting ready for vacation) on here all the time and love sharing tips & tricks :) Plus the people I've met on here have been awesome and a HUGE help with losing weight
  • tjhung3
    tjhung3 Posts: 5
    Options
    hiya!
    im new to this also :)
    im 18 and study in australia!

im happy to keep eachother motivated and keep going :)
    i plan to lose 10kgs so ill be here for a while!

feel free to ad me :)