Daily calories.. please help!

Options
Hello! I have already lost 29 pounds in 3 months but i always ate like 1000 calories a day. Now i decided to increase my daily calorie intake to atleast 1200 but after one week eating a little more, i gained about 1.5 pounds. All i eat is really healthy and I exercise atleast 30 minutes every day. Is this just a reaction of my body? Should i keep eating atleast 1200 calories a day?

Thanks!

Replies

• sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes you should keep eating 1200 that is the lowest healthy amount to intake. Congrats on the weight loss
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yes you should keep eating 1200 that is the lowest healthy amount to intake. Congrats on the weight loss

Exactly. :)

You could try a zig zag method too, it is generally an easier way for your body to adapt to raising the calories that you eat.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eating atleast 1200 cal.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    you've been eating 1000 calories for awhile, so eating 1200 would make you gain weight, but don't be afraid.
    I suggest you slowly and gradually increase it up to 1400-1500. It is still a calorie deficit, but hey, it's just advice
    do whatever you want to do (:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Survey Says!!!
    Strike.jpg

She should be eating around 1600-1800 daily to just lose fat.
    Right now shes probably skinny-fat from under eating for so long.

Check my profile for a link to help you figure out your calories per day.
    Its a lot more than you think!
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    Another vote for at least 1200 calories, especially if you are exercising regularly. You may be losing weight easier with 1000 calories, but I bet you find that that it is easier to get/keep muscle tone with a 1200-1500 calorie range as your body won't have to consume as much muscle to give you the energy you need to make it through a day.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    What if she is 5'8" and her BMR is 1492?
    We are telling her to eat below her BMR and sending her further into skinny fatness.
    Probably a good idea to get your numbers run and eat more.

BTW most 6-10 year old children eat 1600-2k cals a day.
    Why are adults so hell bent on 1200 cals when it makes them skinny fat?
    I'd rather look good naked but if you guys like the idea of holding onto higher body fat while getting smaller.....

Try this for 1 month and I guarantee youll lose fat while eating well.
    1200 is a joke!

>>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ Do the Military Body Fat Calc first, then the BMR tool. The BMR tool will give exact calories to eat on a daily basis. Add 20% to this number to get your TDEE. For Fat loss plans set up macros at 30% Protein/Fat each.<<<<<<<
  • elluliske
    Options
    Yes, i'm 5'9'' :) Thank you so much for your help, now i understand why i have to eat more!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Yes, i'm 5'9'' :) Thank you so much for your help, now i understand why i have to eat more!

What numbers did you get from the F2F link?
  • elluliske
    Options
    My body fat percentage is 20.7% and to get to my goal weight i need to consume atleast 2039 calories. My current BMR is 1526 calories.