i need opinions.

Options
Emmea2729
Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
opinions please.
1) we say we will head to town together. last minute he tells me i have to make my own way in because he's meeting a friend first.

2) he goes and smokes, after promising to not do it when im around. he knows how much i hate it.

3) he spends all night talking to a girl we dont know about law, leaving me sat alone even though we were in a "group"

4) he wants to send me off in a taxi alone.

5) he punches the lampost multiple times right in front of me.

6) we split up 2 weeks ago. I missed him, I asked if we could try again. we were trying to get back on track.

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Move on... he sounds like a jerk. You deserve better.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Bad news. Find someone else.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    From what I am reading he doesn't respect you at all. You know you don't need to put up with that type of treatment, respect yourself and walk away.

You shouldn't be tolerating that type of behaviour, if your self esteem and confidence are low, work on improving them and you will find that you won't tolerate that behaviour and that you won't make someone a priority when you are only an option to them.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think by writing this you know the answer!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    he's a jerk - wont change... move on - !!!
  • cairney4698
    cairney4698 Posts: 237
    Options

I totally agree with this.

You do not need that level of hassle. Everyone has their faults and bad days but to be fair the fact that the list goes to 6 points means in my opinion (what you asked for) it is too much and you deserve far better.

Obviously this is just an opinion and it is up to you what you do.

Hope all goes well
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    How old is this guy?

Dudes lame, move on I say.
  • iOS4s
    iOS4s Posts: 12
    Options
    Several punches of a lampost could go elsewhere and I assume you mean smoke as in "smoke" :wink:

Not the best combination to have.

If the bad points outway the good, then cut your losses and move on. You have to kiss many a frog to find your prince
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Walk away ... Emmm .. Lamp post punching is never a good sign !!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    From the outside looking in I would say stop wasting your time.

YOU can't change him. He will only change if HE wants to change. Accept his flaws and don't try to control him, or move on.
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    You want to be with someone who brings something to the relationship besides stress. I think you could find someone that worries you less. Good luck!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You should have stayed split up. Not because "he's a jerk". I can't make that assessment from online. But because you don't want him as he is, and you're too suspicious of him.

Just move on. Sometimes it doesn't work out with some people. It's not the end of the world.
  • Emmea2729
    Emmea2729 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    thank you guys

i felt like i was the only one that thought it.

he's a 20 year old "man".
    we were together 4 and a half years today.
    all i can think is if he really wanted it to work 2nd time round, he'd look after me. but he considers sending me off alone in a city is safe. because he paid for the taxi?

so hard to let go of something that was so good for so long. but i feel like im close to a break down.
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

^^^This^^^