Optifast 900

Options
I did very good all week, and slipped up and drank two virgin caesars: no rim, no garnish, and mildly spicy.
How bad is this in terms of the whole ketosis thing I been reading about online. I mean technically it wasn't food, it is a liquid, but the carbs and sugar in the drink are making me feel like I got myself out of the fat buring stage, what is your experiance and opinions on this?

Replies

• kirstyjosephine
    Options
    Your body goes in to ketosis when it doesn't have carbohydrates as a fuel source. Your body can only use the carbohydrates you have ingested and then it will have to continue using fats/proteins as its primary energy source. Just try to be more disciplined in future. :)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    What's a virgin caesar? I did Optifast and know alcohol and carbs are really bad. Carbs kick you out of ketosis and it could take a few days to get back into ketosis. Being Virgin Caesar that's good, but what else is in it. I am guessing its like a bloody mary, but I could be wrong. The most important thing is no alcohol, while in ketosis your liver is working overdrive so any alcohol could really get you pretty sick. Whenever people went off plan by eating poorly our group leader would say something like make sure you get back on track, but when people would say they had alcohol, she was far more stern about it due to the repercussions that could come.
  • monkeygrrrl
    Options
    Any more than 20 calories a day will put you out of ketosis whether it is drink or food. Crystal light singles are ok as they only have 5 to 10 calories a serving, or a little skim milk in coffee with a sweetener. Other than that diet drinks only.