Weigh more before and durning menstration?

So this is my 1st real month of trying to lose but Ive noticed its gonna be that time of the month soon.. pms and bloated. Do you notice that you weigh more around this time?

Replies

• fedoruk
    fedoruk Posts: 1
    At least 3lbs :(
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Yes, I do. It's hard to do any real exercise because of cramping. I just stick to eating right and light exercise.
  • Yes! Only a few pounds, but it FEELS like more. I usually skip the weigh in that week because I know it will only make me feel crappier that I already do!
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    from 3-6 lbs-- it's totally normal-- don't let that TOTM discourage you. Just keep your diet and wait till after to weigh yourself. I was at 193.4 then it was that time and I went up to 195 even after eating healthy and exercising- it passed and 3 days later I was down a pound from before at 192.4--- just don't let that time get you off course.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Yes, I can be up as much at 4 lbs some months. But I just keep doing what I do the rest of the month and try and increase my water intake. This usually helps a little with the bloat. (And I do mean just a little! LOL)
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    I was totally getting discourage. I thought I gained almost all my weight I had lost back. I am up 2.3 lbs right now. Its good to know that its normal though! Thanks girls!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    yes... it's VERY common for this to happen. just something to get used to and not stress about.
  • I have such a hard time even TRYING to move down the scale when I'm bleeding! xD
    I tend NOT to go up on the scale, but I DON'T move down it, either, no matter how much or how little I'm eating.

But I guess it would differ from person to person! But it does seem that our cycles do affect our weight, even temporarily.
  • Ilangilang
    Ilangilang Posts: 37 Member
    Yes 1-2 lbs up.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,605 Member
    Yip. I can go up by 4-6lb (more commonly 2-3), and it stays with me till it's all over.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    i don't... but then again my period lasts like 12 hours. i think that is a benefit when you work out a lot and your weight gets lower. i also take the pill, but literally my period is like a stuffy nose- an annoyance for a day!

im totally lucky :)
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    You are lucky. Mine is a good 2 weeks long. Pms for a week, bleed for a week... Its horrible.
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    I've never noticed an actual weight gain, but I do notice no weight lost the week of my period.
  • Absolutely! I can gain 2, even 3 pounds, during my cycle.
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    I don't notice a gain before...
    but I do notice an unusual loss during...
    but then it's back close to normal after...
    I do always feel like I weigh more before and during lol
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Yes! I'm up 2.6 lbs from a week ago. Usually disappears in a few days.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Because of the hormonal changes in the body during menstruation, weight gain, or experiencing to weight loss is very common. This is often water retention and will balance out when menstruation is finished. Drinking water is helpful.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    yes. its very annnnnooooyyyinggg!!!! i only want to loose 6 kgs and i gain like 2 on my period. and it takes ages to go back down. like a week. so im like grrrrrrrrrrrr. guys get it so easy ahah!! :p
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Ohhhh yes!! I'm supposed to have a weigh in tomorrow and am hoping the bloat will be gone by then. I put on about 4 lbs. Two of that is already gone. I still have been exercising normally even though I feel crappy. I want to keep the weight loss rolling along. I find that once I get started on my run even though I feel bad I completely get into the run and feel great afterwards.
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Yep, about 3 pounds. And it usually sticks around for about a week and a half, but then after that I usually lose a lot!