122pounds down so far

Options
I've lost 122 pounds so far since last March which seems like a lot, but haven't lost anything since just after Christmas. Plateau is understandable, but for 3 months?

Replies

• rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!! Congrats--that is wonderful!!! Sorry, I don't think I can answer your ?, but WOO-HOO to you!!! Rock on!!!!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, beginning in August of last year the losses slowed WAY down, then by November - no movement. I have just started seeing losses again, but they are slow, and don't come every week. I upped my calories, and that is what made things start moving again (for me at least).
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing up what you are doing at all... When I get stuck I change out an exercise day or two for something new, and also jump my calories around. I just bumped mine up by 200 calories, as I have been stuck again. I think it is because I have been doing both a running program and a rigorous (for me) strength regimen for a month now, and have not been losing for three weeks of that. Guessing I am not fueling myself enough for what I am doing....
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    open up your diary, are you eating too little? or too much? do you take rest? or over train yourself?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Good work!!

Make sure you are resetting your BMR as you lose weight.....if I was at three weeks with no weight loss I would drop my daily goal by 250 cals a day and then reassess in a couple weeks.
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If I dropped that low I would have been at 1080..... Going back and forth works for me lol.
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ARE YOU STILL CHECKING THE CALORIES ON EVERY PACKET? ARE YOU STILL WEIGHING EVERYTHING. ITS EASY TO THINK YOU KNOW ALL THE CALORIES THAT YOU EVER NEED TO BUT SOMETIMES MANUFACTURERS CHANGE THINGS, SOMETIMES THE LEVEL CUP HAS BECOME ROUNDED, OR THE LITTLE CUBE OF CHEESE HAS GROWN FROM 1OZ TO 2 OZ WITHOUT US REALISING THIS. ITS NOT THAT YOU MEAN TO CHEAT BUT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING IT SO LONG IT IS EASY TO BECOME COMPLACENT. TRY STARTING FROM THE BEGINNING AGAIN & CHECK EVERY SINGLE THING.
    TRY CHANGING WHAT EXCERCISE YOU DO. THE BODY GETS USED TO WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND YOU BURN FAR LESS CALORIES DOING SOMETHING YOU DO EVERY DAY THAN YOU WOULD HAVE DONE THE FIRST TIME YOU DID IT.
    BUT YOU HAVE DONE REALLY WELL DON'T LOSE SIGHT OF THAT. EVEN IF YOU JUST STAY THE SAME FOR A FEW MONTHS & PRACTISE MAINTENANCE YOU CAN THEN START ALL OVER AGAIN ONCE YOU HAVE ADAPTED TO BEING A MUCH SMALLER PERSON
  • MyTimeMyYear
    MyTimeMyYear Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many calories you are consuming,but you may need to eat more to rev your metabolism....
    :flowerforyou:
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great success so far. I have only re-started MFP a little over a month ago, so I haven't hit a plateau myself yet. However, my sister had a plateau that lasted a little over three months when she had lost quite a bit of weight. She started changing up her exercise routine and re-worked her caloric intake and the weight started coming off again. I remember how frustrated she was but she kept at it and had to keep reminding herself how far she had come. Keep working at it, you will see the numbers coming down again.
  • jojo0909
    jojo0909 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! Very inspirational.

If you are concerned about your plateau, I would suggest having a professional dietician review your food and activity journal. I have noticed on these forums that people who have done strength training often plateau or even gain because muscle is heavier. However, they show nice toned bodies and have nice losses in their measurements. Perhaps you are at the point to focus on your measurements, rather than the scale.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. 122lbs down is reason for celebration, I hope you did something nice for yourself!
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago on Biggest Loser, Bob mentioned if you are in a plateau that you should do things backwards and confuse your body. You can look on their official site, but he was saying if you do cardio then lift, switch it...if you eat most of your calories at dinner, switch it....eat different foods and try new exercises. Just do this until you get out of the plateau....
  • seilts
    seilts Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, I guess I spoke too soon! I had upped my calories some but still kept it below what is calculated for me (diabetic so must keep carbs below 90). Got on the scales this morning and I'm down 8 lbs! Calculating that I've lost 130 now, almost half way to my goal. Yes, I was very morbidly obese and still obese, but getting there. Not bad for a 64 year old lady!
  • gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, you ROCK. Congratulations to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!