Any help?

Options
So I'm not complaining about loosing wt but is there anything I can do to redirect the wt loss to other parts other than my chest. I feel like thats the only area that you can really tell that I've lost wt. and didn't have much to loose there in the first place. I'm doing strength training as well as cardio, is it making it worse? Any suggestions?

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem...cheeks go first, then the chest....but the gut lives on forever:sad:
    no just kidding, i think if we work at it the rest will go too! Good Luck!:bigsmile:
  • Shakes
    Shakes Posts: 54
    Options
    You could always do what my goals are...When I hit my goal weight Im getting airbags installed :bigsmile: :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :glasses:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Nope... it comes off wherever it wants to.. just gotta keep going til it eventually comes off everywhere. But I'm in the exact same boat. Ugh It's like seriously? Leave the fat on my belly but take it from my chest... THAT's attractive. But alas.... like I said... if we keep losing fat, it HAS to start coming off the places we want it to eventually!
  • acook059
    acook059 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I don't think I've lost an inch off my gut :devil: Keep on moving!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys at least i'm not alone!
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You could always do what my goals are...When I hit my goal weight Im getting airbags installed :bigsmile: :laugh: :wink: :tongue: :glasses:

Haha, same here!!:wink::laugh:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am losing everything from the waist up. I hate it. My thighs and butt are slowly shrinking, but not at the same rate as the upper half of my body. Basically I have an hourglass figure at this point since my waist is so small and yet I still have hips.
  • theatregoddess
    Options
    If you really want to trim specific parts of your body, you will need to do some form of strength training. For instance, if you're looking to lose tummy weight, sit ups, crunches, straight leg lifts, etc. are the best way to tone up the area. For your legs, hips, and thighs, do leg lifts (there are TONS of variations to help you target a specific area), squats, lunges, biking, etc. Don't think that you have to use weights though, because you don't! You can use your own body weight to strengthen the rest of your body, and once you are more comfortable doing that, and it becomes easier, you can start adding weights.

Cardio is a great way to lose body fat, but if you want to target a specific area, you need to find an excersise that will focus on strengthening it. For me, I'm looking to tone my body, and not nessessarily lose weight. So if it's toning you're going for, keep up with the exercises that you're doing now, but also try to pick work-outs that will focus on what you need to lose!

Good luck!

~Nicole =]