Jillian Michaels DVD and Turbo Fire.......

Options
Hey Everyone :) I was just curious............
I am currently doing various Jillian Michaels DVD workouts and thinking about getting Turbo Fire. If I do these DVDs does that give me enough cardio where I don't need my gym membership anymore?? I'm only going to get on the treadmill mainly and really haven't been going that often, so I feel like I'm throwing the $ away. I do get out and walk frequently, go roller blading some and want to start bike riding soon. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• MamaSonyaP
    MamaSonyaP Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm only a fan of the classes offered at a gym. I have a Tmill at home, I walk outside, hike, bike and do Jillian Michael's as well. I don't have a gym membership, but I may join a pilates class or aerobics class at a community centre. If you feel like you aren't using your $ worth, I'd say cancel the membership. No sense paying for it if you're getting all you need at home!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    OMG, yes! If you do 30Day Shred in one sitting--levels 1-3, you will burn an average of 800 calories. 20 minutes ranges between 300-306 calories. I've lost 10 lbs doing it so far and a lot of inches. Good luck!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a gym membership if I was doing workout DVD's at home. Waste of money. But i also don't have a lot of money lol.
  • xangela9x
    Options
    Amberchalon- I have not tackled the whole DVD at once yet, you're a brave woman! lol. You are correct, on average I burn in the 300's, although I did Killer Buns and Thighs Level 2 and burned almost 600 and was drenched in sweat.
  • xangela9x
    Options
    I don't have a lot of money either so looking to cut anywhere I can right now.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I thought 20 min of each level of 30 DS was only a 180 calorie burn. Please tell me if I am wrong. I am currently doing level 3.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership in 10y. I do DVDs (P90X, TurboFire,CHalean Extreme) and I run (treadmill at home or outdoors). I am more fit now than prekids and when I had a gym membership.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well according to Jillian for the 30DS you are supposed to do the video 2days, cardio for a day, and than video 2 days and than a rest day. Cardio is good for heart health and other stuff
  • sweetmelyssa
    Options
    HI,

I'm new to the site and wanted to see whom has actually completed Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution. I myself just completed weeks 1 and 2 and will be starting weeks 3 and 4 on tomorrow. I lost 2 1/2 lbs so far and have noticed a change in inches. I'm really forces on toning, especially arms, butt and thighs (my stomach has never been a problem, 2 weeks of crunches and I get results.) I am 44 yrs old and altho I ry to eat healthy its hard. With that being said, I do not following the eating plan and after checking my BMI to see how many calories I should be taking in everyday, thats hard for me to. Any suggestions that don't cost a lot of money but is easy to prepare, would greatly be appreciated, I thought about ordering food from Jenny Craig or those pre packed foods that are delivered to your door and altho convenient, their pricey.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I thought 20 min of each level of 30 DS was only a 180 calorie burn. Please tell me if I am wrong. I am currently doing level 3.

I only burned 180-200 calories for the 20mins on 30ds
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is extreme cardio you definitely won't need a gym membership. Turbo Fire has a few toning/strength dvds and incorporates them into the cardio routines as well, but it is mostly cardio. I definitely highly recommend TF :D
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options

That's about what it is for me, people who weigh more burn more...
  • xangela9x
    Options

There are a lot of variables. Do you use a HRM? They say the more you weigh the more calories you burn and probably true for the most part. Going into these workouts I didn't think I would burn that much because I am not a big person at all. I only weigh 113 lbs, I do use a HRM and find when I work out doing anything except walking my heart rate goes up to the cardio/fat burning zone very quickly, and I sweat my butt off and burn more calories than the norm. I do have a long way to go to get really lean and toned so it might be I have a higher percentage of body fat than those that are burning less calories during those workouts. Maybe it's the leaner you are the less you burn??
  • Amberchalon
    Options
    Amberchalon- I have not tackled the whole DVD at once yet, you're a brave woman! lol. You are correct, on average I burn in the 300's, although I did Killer Buns and Thighs Level 2 and burned almost 600 and was drenched in sweat.
    Haha, thanks lady. You're a brave one, too. If it helps when you're ready to tackle to whole 30DS, try doing it in reverse-- 3-2-1
  • Amberchalon
    Options
    I likely have more weight to lose than you do--this is what I burn personally doing these wrkouts