What time of day do you exercise?

Options
I was just wondering because yesterday I did the 30 Day Shred at 6pm and I got like no sleep because I was so energized. So, what time of day do find it best to exercise?

:)

Replies

• dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Most the time I exercise in the morning. I started doing this because of that. I would go for my runs at night..but would be awake for hours after. I started a spin class that the only time it is offered that I can take it is, 6am. So since I am already up at 6, I do the rest of my workout after that class. I hated it at first, but after it became habit, now I wouldn 't have it any other way. It makes me feel better the rest of the day. Plus, its over with for the day!!! No worrying about getting in your workout!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning. If I put it off I always make an excuse or find something else to do.
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Whenever it fits into my schedule . I prefer to workout after a high carb meal or snack for the energy.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work during the week (generally 4:15-5:30 or so) and around 2 on the weekends.
  • joec63
    joec63 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    5:30AM. yeah, it's not for everyone but I get it done and have no excuses at the end of the day why I couldn't work it in.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have to do my workouts at 8pm (when my 3 year old goes to bed). I already wake up at 5:30am to get to work on time, so the mornings just don't work for me. I usually take a shower and drink a cup of Sleepytime tea and I am out like a light :smile:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    I do Jillian Michael's body revolution first thing in the am before work. I usually do something at night when I first get home too.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Mine varies. If I have a day to myself I tend to run as early as possible, or go for a bike ride just before lunch. If I'm in the office I'll walk to/from work, or will exercise when I get home at 5.30pm.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person and I'm not a night person (; (lol I *like* my sleep) so I had been running around 11-12 and then I'd come home and eat lunch, but it's getting too hot. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and start waking up earlier and doing it before school(:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I have to run around my husband's work schedule so I usually run the afternoon/early evening except one weekday he goes in later so I have to run in the morning before he leaves. I'd rather workout in the afternoon/evening and that's when I do an exercise dvd (currently P90X). I'm not a morning person at all.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I usually do my big cardio in the morning around 5-530 before Hubby goes to work. I'll do the Shred or something similar after lunch while my son has his quiet time in his room. I can't sleep either if I work out in the evening.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My gym has bodypump and other cardio/strength classes at six in the morning and I love love LOVE going so early. When I first started my weight loss journey two months ago, I joined the gym, and I was so worried I wouldn't stick to it. Because I knew I wouldn't go after work, I would be too tired and cranky. So mornings were the only choice, and I was scared that I would do it for a week and quit. But it has become so addicting! The first day I was a bundle of nerves, but when I saw three sixty-ish women in the classes, I figured I could do it too.

The classes take everything out of me but feel awesome and give me lots of energy to start my day. I go five times a week.
  • minimizer
    minimizer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love exercising early in the morning. When I start the day off well I tend to end well. It always puts me in the right mindset for the rest of the day.

It is difficult for me to exercise after 6pm and sleep well.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am a very low energy person in general; always have been. I have a tough time getting up in the morning, I'm tired all day, extra tired right after I get out of work. The only time I feel energetic enough to exercise is around 7-8 at night, even though I go to bed at 10. It's the only time I can seem to get myself to exercise, so that's when I do it!
    However, everyone's different, so experiment and see what works best for you. Even though working out 2 hours before I go to bed might not be ideal, but it's the only thing that seems to work for me, so I DO IT! :bigsmile:
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5.20am every weekday morning to do my workouts, as it's easier for and I feel soooo energised for the day then! Have also started doing some weights in the evening too x
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Mid to late morning, usually around 9 or 10 am and I stay until noon. I then go home and shower and either run errands or get work done since it tends to put me in a "got stuff to do" frame of mind. Sometimes though I can overdo it or workout on little sleep since I do have an insomnia problem and I end up just napping afterward.

Sometimes I get up at 6 am and do work with dumbbells, but it depends on how I sleep.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My only option is after work at 4:00 pm. I have to be a work at 7:30 am. If my daughter goes with me then I go about 6:00.
  • maryrr88
    maryrr88 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:20 am to go to the gym during the week, and usually I'm done my workouts by 6:30. Sometimes I'll go to the gym in the morning & then come home and exercise again with a Jillian Michaels dvd right after work, around 5 pm. I also try to walk at least 15 minutes during my lunch break. Saturdays are my rest days and on Sundays I'll get up between 7:15 & 8 am and go straight to the gym. As you can see, I prefer working out first thing in the morning, with the occasional evening workout thrown into the mix. :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I would like to start doing them earlier in the mornings but usually around 1130-1330 is when I get them in. When I was on the swing watch I would get them in after work, 2200-0100.