Frustrated with weight loss!!!!

Options
Ok. I have been working out and eatting right since about Dec. '11. I started MFP about 2 months ago. I am 5'0 and starting weight was 150. I have only lost 9lbs! :( I have lost about 4 inches from my waist which is encouraging but not as much as the numbers. Any help with this would be great!!! I just dont know what else to do.... :( Thanks in advance for the help.

Replies

• rachaelhoffman
    rachaelhoffman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your awesome weight loss! Lifestyle changes come slow but steady, keep up the great work! (9 pounds in 8 weeks is really healthy and a great accomplishment).
  • BEKippe
    BEKippe Posts: 1
    Options
    MFP suggests: "Taking your measurements can be an even better gauge of your progress because when you burn fat and build heavier muscle, your weight may not change or even increase even though your body is tighter and smaller. We suggest taking your measurements every 2-4 weeks."
  • WittneeT29
    WittneeT29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Definitely you are doing great! It is a little over a pound a week--and that is excellent!

I am actually REALLY glad you posted this. I always work out really hard and eat really well for two weeks or so (though it always seems longer). I feel better immediately, and am less bloaty so I feel more confident. Then I expect to see a huge difference on the scale and for my "skinny" clothes to fit... Of course, after only two weeks, that is never the case and I get frustrated! (Because I am a moron in my head sometimes!)

So, your post is a really good reminder, that a pound a week is GREAT--but only two weeks in is not going to make all of my old clothes magically fit, even though I feel like they should!!
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Definitely you are doing great! It is a little over a pound a week--and that is excellent!

I am actually REALLY glad you posted this. I always work out really hard and eat really well for two weeks or so (though it always seems longer). I feel better immediately, and am less bloaty so I feel more confident. Then I expect to see a huge difference on the scale and for my "skinny" clothes to fit... Of course, after only two weeks, that is never the case and I get frustrated! (Because I am a moron in my head sometimes!)

So, your post is a really good reminder, that a pound a week is GREAT--but only two weeks in is not going to make all of my old clothes magically fit, even though I feel like they should!!
    Thanks! Im glad Im not the only one!!! :) We will get there I am determined!!! :)
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have just added a similar post in another board!!!

Its horrible when you feel the results are too slow isnt it? Especially when, in my case, my OH is also on here and has lost 31lb in the same amount of time i've lost 12!!!!! As proud of him as i am............I also want to break his knees!! lol :bigsmile: x
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ok. I have been working out and eatting right since about Dec. '11. I started MFP about 2 months ago. I am 5'0 and starting weight was 150. I have only lost 9lbs! :( I have lost about 4 inches from my waist which is encouraging but not as much as the numbers. Any help with this would be great!!! I just dont know what else to do.... :( Thanks in advance for the help.

You're doing great. Hang in there. 4 inches from your waist is amazing!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing...it took time for the weight to come on, and it will take time for it to come off. 4" loss is amazing, and inches are better than pounds. Keep doing what you are doing. So glad you are determined! Good luck!
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Uhm...are you serious? Stfu and enjoy your weight/inches lost in such little time...
  • monharri
    monharri Posts: 78
    Options
    a pound a week is awesome! i know it can be frustrating but some weight loss is better than no weight loss. what you're doing is obviously working. just be patient with yourself. everything will work out.
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have you tried not adding your exercise points, ive found that has helped me!
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the support!!! HUGS