need suggestions for one month goals

Options
Hey MFP friends!

So I'm currently 5'4 and weigh 143 lbs. In the past couple months I have just lost 42 lbs and am looking to lose about 10 more lbs and to tone up since the fat I have lost is kind of just hanging there (mainly in my upper arms, thigh, and hip area. I was wondering what you guys would think would be a healthy goal to achieve in the next month and if I should focus on the scale number or the weights. I am not looking to bulk up rather just tone and shape the fat that I lost. I would like to spend the next 1-2 months working hard at this. My eating will remain the same well balanced with protein, veggies, water, etc.

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale for a while, as you get closer to your goal, you will naturally lose weight slower. You will only get frustrated just focusing on the numbers. Take measurements! Your inches will show your progress much better than the scale.

Work on strength training to maintain your muscles as you continue to lose. It is virtually impossible for you to "bulk up" so don't even give that a second thought.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Measure, measure, measure! X
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Could find a program like that one? Something to incorporate more weights would help firm up

Edit to add- you WILL NOT bulk up, by the way, throw that mentality out the window (:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I am not looking to bulk up rather just tone and shape the fat that I lost.

good, because you won't in a month. or in a year. i think a nice goal would be something much more physical then a scale weight, such as doing a pull up or increase your running speed or something like that.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Weights! Are you doing pushups? These will definitely help you with your arms. There are loads of other exercises, and others will surely chime in, but strength training and pushups will help a lot.
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    thanks for all the great suggestions. I am also looking to do a lot of workouts outside (I box so I'm hoping that will continue to help).