what dumbbells do i need for the 30 day shred?

Options
kennie2
kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
i was planning on starting it in april
and im reaaalllyyyy weak
so what weight do you think i should go for?

Replies

• kristi_asco
    kristi_asco Posts: 183
    Options
    i have 3 lb weights that i'm using! lol
  • dictations
    dictations Posts: 199
    Options
    I use 5lb weights, they're doable while still DEFINITELY being a challenge.
  • Jeaninedj
    Jeaninedj Posts: 43
    Options
    Start with 3 and then move up to 5 when you think you aren't being challenged enough. Move slowly or you'll become really sore and/or injure yourself.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    2, 3, 5. Get all of those because as you get stronger you'll need heavier weights to truly challenge yourself.

I got my weight set at "Ocean State Job Lot" -- it's a cheap store that's in RI/CT but I'm not sure if it's around the country or not. It was 20 bucks for all 6 weights and a stand too! Don't get them on amazon or in a sports store, they're expensive. Try walmart or target or TJMAXX would probably be cheap!
  • skinnymeonmfp
    Options
    I agree with itpbr10... I found some pretty awesome deals on dumbbells at TJMaxx a few weeks ago. So I actually got a few different weights. It's nice because some exercises are too easy with 3s while some totally kill you with 3s. I mix and match so I feel like I'm getting a great workout with each exercise.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with itpbr10... I found some pretty awesome deals on dumbbells at TJMaxx a few weeks ago. So I actually got a few different weights. It's nice because some exercises are too easy with 3s while some totally kill you with 3s. I mix and match so I feel like I'm getting a great workout with each exercise.

oh i'll have a look in TKMAXX if i get a chance! if not i might just get 3lb
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i'm using 3 pounders!