Ladies - Bra question and breast topic

Options

Replies

• MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

I lost a LOT of weight. One day after a shower, my (then) husband said: "How was the party?" I said "What party???" He pointed to my boobs and said, "The one you went to a week ago.... but the party balloons are deflated"

Shortly after that comment he paid for my mastopexy surgery :)

And then I filed for divorce.

Haha! You go! lol
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Mine look about like you describe. I went from 40 full D really DD to 36 C or 36 small D. I will be getting a boob job and tummy tuck when I hit goal weight! My hubby is fine with my boobs the way they are. It's more me picking myself apart, like you say! I tell you, Mel, we are so much alike! lol
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I was fitted once, and I was told that the cup size will be slightly larger when the band size grows larger. I am not sure how accurate the information I was told is.
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

I lost a LOT of weight. One day after a shower, my (then) husband said: "How was the party?" I said "What party???" He pointed to my boobs and said, "The one you went to a week ago.... but the party balloons are deflated"

I don't blame you for divorcing!! What a total a***hole he is
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cup size is proportional to band size, so you've actually lost a roughly proportional number of inches around your bust and around your chest if you've gone from a 40DD to a 34D.

Time and a vitamin E moisturiser may help with their appearance.....?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    First off, go get sized at a good store! Macy or Victoria's Secret have good sizing, same with JCP.

Not sure if you know this or not (I just learned it recently), but certain sized bras are the same. For example, I wear a 38C. But I can also fit into a 36D. If you go up a cup size, you go down a band size. So I think a 40DD is the same as a 42D (but it is harder to find that so that is probably why you wore a 40DD). That probably doesn't help you but it's interesting!

I think if you do chest exercises, it helps. Like chest presses, etc.

This is exactly what is going on in her case, it doesn't "seem" like her breasts have shrunk, because her cup size has only gone down one size, but the volume of a 34D cup is WAY smaller than the volume of a 40D cup.

And exercise won't make breasts bigger. It might make them a little perkier, although with big breasts, that's less likely as well.
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I actually just resized myself (I usually measure myself and was surprised by what I was seeing) and I went up a cup size and down and strap size.

The manner of measurement is bust inches minus the Under bust inches. Every inch in difference is a cup size. So, if you go down under the bust but stay the same in the bust...cup size goes up.

I went from 38DD to 36DDD... now I can't find a damn bra to save my life unless I sacrifice a goat and go online.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've went to walmart which is where I found my 34 D, which does not fit me right, when I put that thing on, it looked like my boobs were trying to eat the cups. It was like my cup has ran over lol. I didn't try it on before I bought it, shame on me, I know. After I tried it on, I took my measurements, and went here http://www.babycenter.com/bra-size-calculator and put in my measurements, and it said I was a 34 DD or a 34 E.

boobs.jpg

If the around the band size and Cup size different when moving up or down, then this would make perfectly good sense. I hate buying bra's from walmart, but it was the only place I had found a 34 D, and the only DD's I had found were 36 and up. I guess a 34 DD is a popular size around here. I'll have to wait till I start a new job, waiting for my interview this week, hopeful.. We do have a Macy's I'll take myself over there and get measured and look there for bra's, I just hope they aren't no $50 if so I'd rather go to Victoria Secrets for a bra. But I don't think I'll ever spend that much on one, even though I know they last forever. I'm just weird like that and since I am not done with my journey, I don't want to spend a lot of money on things I may not be in when I hit my goal :).
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've been measured a few times, I've done my own measurements as well. I was measured at Fredrick's (bra store here more of a lingerie) and Victoria Secret's. Victoria Secret's Told me I was a 36 D, then when I said that my straps fall on a 36 with the things tighten as far as they go and that it's pretty loose on my back as well. She then said "Oh, well then go to a 34 D" and I took her advice and now the 34 I bust out of. Fredrick's said I was in a 34 DD and the site I went to and put my measurements in said 34 DD to 34 E.

So I guess I'll go for that 34 DD...

I do lift weights, so just keep doing those? I just recently started the weights though. I also do yoga. I am trying hard to get a flat tummy and cut arms.

are they heavy weights, try and go as heavy as you can, don't worry abuot loising your breast do to muscles that takes hours days weeks in the gym,
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've been measured a few times, I've done my own measurements as well. I was measured at Fredrick's (bra store here more of a lingerie) and Victoria Secret's. Victoria Secret's Told me I was a 36 D, then when I said that my straps fall on a 36 with the things tighten as far as they go and that it's pretty loose on my back as well. She then said "Oh, well then go to a 34 D" and I took her advice and now the 34 I bust out of. Fredrick's said I was in a 34 DD and the site I went to and put my measurements in said 34 DD to 34 E.

I do lift weights, so just keep doing those? I just recently started the weights though. I also do yoga. I am trying hard to get a flat tummy and cut arms.

are they heavy weights, try and go as heavy as you can, don't worry abuot loising your breast do to muscles that takes hours days weeks in the gym,

They are 3lb dumbbell's I do not workout in a gym, and the heaviest weight's I own are dumbbells as of right now. Maybe one day I can get into a gym.
  • grumpya
    grumpya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't do anything drastic, give it time. A few years ago I lost 140lbs and my breasts were HUGE but ugly. Over a year or so of wearing good fitting underwear & using bio oil every day they got good tight skin back & lost that lumpy blotchy feel & look. You might even find that you need different sizes at different times of the month. Try some different brands, there will be one out there for you. BTW french bra's have different shaped cups to the regular companies it might be worth a try.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

OMG He sounds like my ex fiancee, that boy made me cry so many times but I never left him for that, but I wish I had bc It took something a lot more serious than that for me to finally leave him.
  • InkedInnocence
    InkedInnocence Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Funny (and true) story:

I lost a LOT of weight. One day after a shower, my (then) husband said: "How was the party?" I said "What party???" He pointed to my boobs and said, "The one you went to a week ago.... but the party balloons are deflated"Wood.. what an

Wow... what a douche
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options

Go to Nordstrom or similar department store for a fitting. DO NOT GO TO VICTORIAS SECRET. They will give you a BS size to make sure it is one they carry in the store. So if you are really a 34DDD, they'll just give you a 36DD because they don't carry DDD.

I can't speak for all VS stores but this wasn't the case at the Two I worked at. If you were too big we would try to put you into a bra that may work but then would also be honest and tell you where you could find bras that would fit. That sucks that happened to you.
    I also think you should get sized somewhere. I highly recommend the Felina brand at Macys. They go up in DDD I believe and are super cute and hold you in and up. Lift and seperate.

Kids kill your boobs IMO. Go get measured you will feel better once you find a bra that works for you. It can make your whole shape look different once you find one that works. Good job losing all that weight!!!!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I've went to walmart which is where I found my 34 D, which does not fit me right, when I put that thing on, it looked like my boobs were trying to eat the cups. It was like my cup has ran over lol. I didn't try it on before I bought it, shame on me, I know. After I tried it on, I took my measurements, and went here http://www.babycenter.com/bra-size-calculator and put in my measurements, and it said I was a 34 DD or a 34 E.

boobs.jpg

I can say that the quality of material used at Victorias Secret has gone down. They don't last like they used to. Go to Macy's. Felina, Wacoal, etc are all just as good and will last longer. Pricing about the same.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    For "perkier" girls you should go to the smallest band size that fits you and work on cup size from there.

Cup size is a measure of the depth of the cup. When the band size goes up so does the width of the cup but the depth stays the same. So if you go to a comfortable but snug band size the cup width will be smaller, so you go to a deeper cup size...this makes the "girls" more centered (less armpit boob) and protrude more (deeper cup)... Thus appearing more perky!

Hope this helps! =)
  • Jamagranny
    Options
    I kind of have the same problem in the never ending bra search, except backwards. I'm a 50B. I've always been a B cup, or a nearly B, but definately never a C cup. I used to buy bras in the 44 / 46 / 48 range, and would have to get extenders. If I buy a 48B - it looks like a DD cup to me (and feels like it!!). So I did my research. JCP online has one brand called Leading Lady that has a lightly padded T-Shirt bra that starts at a 38 and goes to a 50. Cup sizes are A to G. I found this little bugger about 6 months ago, and have ordered many more since. Fabulous fit and support. Also - if you read and follow the directions on how to fit for a bra on their measuring charts, you'll find that as you loose weight and shrink your bra-line, your cup size will probably increase if you aren't losing weight in the boobs. As for me.....I've just started my weightloss journey, so I'm anxious for a 48 to fit again!!! :)
  • pamfm
    pamfm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I went to a cute little independent shop and got fitted, and now I'll never going back to cheap department stores for bras.
    They didn't measure me, they asked what size I thought I needed, and gave me one to try on. Then, based on how ridiculous that looked, they brought me some other sizes. They were very thorough... when they thought they'd gotten it right, they had me put a t-shirt on, to make sure there was no little bump near the seam that would mean the cup was a little too tight.
    I was wearing a cup size too small, and 2 inches too big in the band... but I was going by standard size charts. The women at the shop told me never to use the charts.
    They also told me the same thing others have said about making sure you start on the last (farthest out) hook on a new bra, and also the strange +1 cup/-2 band equation.
    If you don't want to spend the money at a boutique, perhaps just try their methods. If you're spilling out the top, try a cup size up, but 2 inches down on the band. If that's still not a good fit, adjust again from there. It'll be a lot of trial and error... so I'd suggest bringing 4 in the fitting room to start--one 2" smaller in the band, and one 4" smaller and then 2 with progressively smaller cups--pick the most comfortable one, and then increase decrease again (if needed) to find the perfect fit. Personally, I'd rather get fitted for one perfect $60 bra, than spend so much time guessing at it in the fitting room of a Target to save forty bucks.
  • rmh84
    rmh84 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes, the person who told you to go down a size should have ALSO told you to go up a cup size. Cup is tertermined by the ratio between ribcage and bust meaturements.

I wear a 34 DDD (or E) I get most of my bras either at Soma intimates or from Freshpair.com. The reason the VS lady told you to stick with your size is because most of their bras only go up to a D, and the rest only go up to a DD. Soma can be a little pricey but worth it - and Freshpair sells the Felina bras fairly inexpensively, they still fit well even though I'm right at the top of the range.

I find because my chest is larger even though I "fit" into a bigger band the smaller one is generally more comfortable.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

They are 3lb dumbbell's I do not workout in a gym, and the heaviest weight's I own are dumbbells as of right now. Maybe one day I can get into a gym.

yea I would say go for bigger, I lift about 50 pounds and the mass around my chest got really big and full, maybe just pick some up when you get a chance, but the higher you lift the more muscles you will have to support the lady's