How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    once a month... for me, I get really frustrated going with the scale, and go into panic mode... i do A LOT better when I'm not weighing myself, and using my clothes and measuring tape to gauge my progress.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. It keeps me on track.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Once a week is good but I'm a scale *kitten*, so I weigh in every morning. Lol!
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday before eating and after using the bathroom.
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    once a month... for me, I get really frustrated going with the scale, and go into panic mode... i do A LOT better when I'm not weighing myself, and using my clothes and measuring tape to gauge my progress.

Once a month for me, the first day of the month. For the same reason.
  • 5Pezzullo
    Options
    Every morning first thing. I like to see how much eating out and eating wrong affects my weight. It usually does and it reminds me to cut out all the bad choices I make. I still am going to make them, but at least I am cutting down on bad choices.
  • 2012Sonya
    2012Sonya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive about weighing. I weight twice a day. First thing in the morning and last thing at night
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    No schedule but no more than 3 times in a month
  • Wilson336
    Wilson336 Posts: 76
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 20 days now, so far I've lost 6lbs which is hitting my weekly target but I was just wondering how often is best to weigh??
    So far, have only weighed twice since I started but I know people weigh everyday! Plus, if I were to weigh everyday, what time of day is best?

I weigh myself every morning after I get up just to get a general feel for where I am at. However, I also keep in mind that the body can easily fluctuate a little each day, so I don't put much stock in the reading until I get the same or better weight for three days in a row. It is interesting to see how some mornings I feel heavy, even though the scale remains constant or better. The mind can play some funny tricks on you....
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I might occasionally hop on during the week but I don't do that very often because things fluctuate so much. I've toyed with the idea of doing it every two weeks, or even just once a month to keep myself from focusing too much on that number, but for now once a week is good enough.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Every sunday morning, around 8am. I get quite obsessive with the scales and last month or so i have been weiging myself like 2 time a day, everyday! And I got quite angry when i saw the scales go up and down every day! Soo now when I've weighed myself on the sunday, I give the scales straight to my mum and she hides them from me, untill the following sunday :wink:
  • blondiej43
    Options
    I started about 2 weeks ago. I lost 6 lbs so far. I plan on weighing myself once a week.
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that are a size smaller than what I'm wearing now. I try them on every Wednesday and if I can see a difference, I weigh myself. The number doesn't matter to me. No one can see the number but me. I want to be able to fit in all the clothes in my closet. :)

^^This is awesome! I'm going to start doing that
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i have weighed each morning for years; both during and after the diet phase.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every sunday morning
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Every Monday after waking up before I've had anything to drink or eat.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in every Thursday morning at WW... but I generally sneak a peek at the scale on Monday or Tuesday just to have an idea of where I am at.
  • mbeis
    mbeis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha I weigh in Friday mornings too! I think once a week before breakfast is the best time.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh each day, but I was driving myself crazy. I would make me so moody.
    This time around I am weighing only once a week.
    I weigh on Sunday mornings, right when I wake up (after I pee and strip my clothes off!)
    And it's been working really well for me :)
    If what you're doing now is working for you, keep it up :)
  • Argharna15
    Argharna15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday morning before eating and after going to the bathroom!

same as this but on saturday