What do i do when im sick?

Options
Im sick, just a cold/flu but I still feel aweful and like I can hardly move?
What am i supposed to do about exercise? My body hurts and im all congested so when my heart rate gets up its hard to breath.
Tring to do all the general cold things, (garlic, chilli etc..)
I just feel crap if I exercise but I feel dissapointed in myself if I dont.
Im in the middle of exams and assesments to and have major assignments to get done, so I still need to be eating enough to keep my brain functioning.

Replies

• shonora
    shonora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Rest your body will fIght the infection quicker and you will get back on track sooner
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Im sick, just a cold/flu but I still feel aweful and like I can hardly move?
    What am i supposed to do about exercise? My body hurts and im all congested so when my heart rate gets up its hard to breath.
    Tring to do all the general cold things, (garlic, chilli etc..)
    I just feel crap if I exercise but I feel dissapointed in myself if I dont.
    Im in the middle of exams and assesments to and have major assignments to get done, so I still need to be eating enough to keep my brain functioning.

Eh???

You don't do any exercise until you are well again. If you persist and force yourself, you may be out of action for a lot longer than if you had just waited.

Put a strain on your heart like that and you are highly likely to be very sorry,
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    yeah I feel like i need to rest, but. just worried im going to put on weight from not being able to exercise for a few days? but if i stay below cals i should be ok yeah?
  • shonora
    shonora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just eat loads of fruit and veggies get loads of vitamin c into you eat healthy and don't worry too much about your calories your body will use them as it repairs itself
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    Rest! And eat your calories - there's a deficit built in anyway. You just won't get any extra exercisey calories.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • ebony__
    Options
    thank you :)
    im going to make some garlic , chilli & ****ake soup and knock this cold on its head :)
  • ebony__
    Options
    ive been vomiting a bit to (yeah gross i know) so thats got to mess with my cals
  • jleslie66
    jleslie66 Posts: 31
    Options
    Get some rest. And try not to be so tough on yourself! get well, stay with in your calorie intake and you wont gain! I recommend making a stew with chicken for when your sick. VERY low calories and LOTS of good vitamins!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    im going to make some garlic , chilli & ****ake soup and knock this cold on its head :)

Does anyone else find this a little humorous? Now I am trying to think of a food that has the F word in its name.

Feel better soon, OP:flowerforyou:
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Go to Tools use the BMR calculator.It will tell you how many calories you would need if you did nothing all day,stay under that.You should be fine.
  • ebony__
    Options

Does anyone else find this a little humorous? Now I am trying to think of a food that has the F word in its name.

haha i didnt even notice that, i was just talking about the mushrooms :P
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Just rest,

Drink lots of fluids, and sleep, rest lay down. Get WELL, so you CAN get better soon :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options

haha i didnt even notice that, i was just talking about the mushrooms :P

Ha! I briefly wondered and then must have got distracted by a shiny object of some sort. (Now I'm going to try to angry the MFP-swear-word-monitor on purpose...)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    yeah I feel like i need to rest, but. just worried im going to put on weight from not being able to exercise for a few days? but if i stay below cals i should be ok yeah?

You will definitely be okay, don't worry and if you rest adequately, you should recover asap and then you will be back into it all before you know it xxx
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Shiitake mushrooms.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I still need to be eating enough to keep my brain functioning.
    I would think you'd need to eat enough to keep your brain functioning at any time...
  • Rainforst
    Rainforst Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You need to rest and drink plenty of water. One thing that we need to learn to do is to listen to our bodies. Sleep, water, Hope you feel better. and chicken soup here you go. :drinker:
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    SLEEP. Sleep. Drink water. Sleep. Sleep some more! Drink more water. Have some tea (herbal, non-caffeinated!). THEN SLEEP!!!
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Being sick is like exercise in and of itself, and exercising while sick is likely to make you more sick for longer.