For those with a hankering for cake batter....

Options
iHEARTcardiacnurses
iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
I was sitting at work the other day on my break and decided that it was about time to enjoy my typical greek yogurt. I brought along protein powder because I had worked out earlier that day and as I was going to dump the powder in my glass, I klutzed-out and dropped the whole scoop all over my desk and into my yogurt. :sad:

The true fat girl in me decided "Hey, this yogurt is still good...lets eat it" so I mixed it up and hesistantly tried a bite.... OMG. MY MOUTH IS CRYING TEARS OF JOY! No joke, the vanilla protein powder mixed with my greek yogurt tasted EXACTLY like the strawberry cake mix my mom used to make, and consistency to boot! A co-worker tried a bite and said it tasted like muffin mix but HEY...Betty Crocker know's whats up.

You'll Need:

Greek Yogurt (I use Fage Strawberry :smile: )
1 Scoop of vanilla protein powder (I used Green Life's Soy Vanilla Protein Powder)

Calories: 229
Carbs: 18
Fat: 1
Protein: 37!
Fiber: 0
Sodium: 275

That's a whole mess of protein for a good hearty snack. It filled me up for a solid four hours so you could practically make a meal out of it.

Replies

• Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Two words: nom nom.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options

--- <""The true fat girl in me decided "Hey, this yogurt is still good...lets eat it"">

And you are adorable. :)
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum! Greek Yogurt is a new fave in my fridge!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    OM NOM NOM.
    Never thought to do this.
    Tomorrow? It's on! I bought my weeks supply of yogurt this morning. Woohoo.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    A friend suggested adding cocoa powder to make it taste like brownie mix :love:
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A friend suggested adding cocoa powder to make it taste like brownie mix :love:

YUMMO :tongue:
  • no1nursey
    no1nursey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oooooh interesting.. One of my favs is Greek yogurt with a spoon of cinnamon. So yummy! It maintains level sugars & curbs cravings :wink:
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    OK, I really have to buy some protein powder!
  • DragonSkip
    DragonSkip Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I add cocoa powder to my yogurt, YUMMY! A coworker asked me why I didn't just buy chocolate yogurt and I told her it tasted better if I just mixed the chocolate in myself. After a long discussion she still thought I was adding ungodly amount of calories to my yogurt. It's not a shaved chocolate bar or something it's cocoa powder! Oh well
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are so smart!!!!! YAY!
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Curious question for those of you who do your own "mix-ins" to your Greek yogurt - are you using plain Greek yogurt? Right now, I eat Strawberry/Banana Chobani - I haven't branched out from that because it's my favorite LOL. So taste comparison, how much flavor can you actually add to the plain Greek yogurt so it doesn't taste like .... plain Greek yogurt since I'm not a fan of the taste?
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    The Fage yogurt is plain with fruit in a little side cup. I used to do two tablespoons of sugar free preserves in plain greek yogurt but it still wasn't sweet enough! Bleh! Now I use this brand. It's my favorite :)
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    You can also pop the mix in the freezer for about 15mins for AMAZING low cal froyo. You can add even more flavor with sugar free far free pudding mix. SRSLY Tasty!!!
  • no1nursey
    no1nursey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Curious question for those of you who do your own "mix-ins" to your Greek yogurt - are you using plain Greek yogurt? Right now, I eat Strawberry/Banana Chobani - I haven't branched out from that because it's my favorite LOL. So taste comparison, how much flavor can you actually add to the plain Greek yogurt so it doesn't taste like .... plain Greek yogurt since I'm not a fan of the taste?

I use plain Greek yogurt I'm not a big sweet fan tbh & I love the taste of the plain yogurt :wink:
  • carolyns19
    Options
    I mix hidden valley ranch powder with 0% Chobani (I personally prefer Fage for just yogurt eating, but its too expensive to be mixing up with ranch powder).

It seriously is BETTER than ranch. Guilt-free I dip tons of veggies in it a day and all I'm eating is YOGURT! Its amazing-- you gotta try it.

You'll eventually find the ratio you like best, but start with a single-serving of Chobani mixed with a half of packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning.