Here to get out out of calorie debt

Options
Hello. I just joined, inspired by an article about what the writer learned about money from weight loss (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/well-heeled/weight-loss-money_b_1376223.html?ref=money). For me, I've made a lot of progress with money, am really proud of how I put myself through college, paid off my student loan and other debt, and bought a house. I did keep track of what I was spending and making, and it was really helpful, so I'm hoping that keeping track of what I'm eating will help me to lose weight and maintain the new lifestyle, too. The way I figure it, I've developed a load of calorie debt in the form of extra pounds, and I need to follow a savings plan to pay off that debt and live within my means.

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Excellent Analogy... I look at my cals for the day like money!!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Does that make my belly my credit card =)
  • jamanning28
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to start changing your life.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    It makes your belly your credit card DEBT, yikes!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I often find myself at the grocery store thinking, "brand A costs 20 calories more than brand B..." Haha, great way to think of it :D
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I like your way of thinking and do think of my calories per day as a bank with a budget. If I need more money (calories) I get off my butt and move!!! Good luck on your journey!!!
  • luv4whtroses
    Options
    I love this. I am difinitely living beyond my means. I can tell by looking in the mirror and so can my knees and feet. A couple years ago I lost 20 lbs in a month and kept it off. I ate nothing with sugar in it. If the ingredients said sugar, I didn't get it. I am going to have to do that again to get this off. I ate a lot of chicken and some fish, lots of corn and carrots. No potatoes, bread, sugar, It felt good to be able to bend over while sitting in a chair and pick something up off the floor without having to get up. My knees thanked me everyday. :love:
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think of calories as money. Do I really want to spend that much on that food? Nice to know others think the same way! Good luck on balancing your budget! :flowerforyou: