GNC Lean Shake 25

Options
Hi everyone......just wondering has anyone tried GNC Lean Shake 25? Pros? Cons?

I have been doing some reading and it appears to get good reviews, the only thing that I see is high in cost !!

Also, do you mix one scoop with the 8-10 oz of water? it only says on the directions the grams - not the amount of scoops !!

Thanks for responding -- :flowerforyou:

10344221.png

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but I don't think it would hurt to try them if they've had good reviews.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    Hi everyone......just wondering has anyone tried GNC Lean Shake 25? Pros? Cons?

I have been doing some reading and it appears to get good reviews, the only thing that I see is high in cost !!

Also, do you mix one scoop with the 8-10 oz of water? it only says on the directions the grams - not the amount of scoops !!

Thanks for responding -- :flowerforyou:

10344221.png

I have the regular swiss chocolate GNC Lean Shake not the 25, I love it! You mix 2 scoops with 8-10 oz of water (or skim milk, reg milk, almond milk, etc) I personally like it better with skim. I also reccomend the blender bottle thats also sold at GNC it's awesome, shakes it up nice and good, just make sure you put the liquid in first and then the 2 scoops! I typically only drink it as a breakfast meal replacement when I'm running late (which is a lot!)
  • KSC811
    KSC811 Posts: 56
    Options
    do you have it as a snack or meal?
  • GinaJDarling
    GinaJDarling Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 3lbs in a week, After going thur the hole jar I could not get thur the second one, it was so disgutsting. The cost it high at GNC but it you buy it from Sams club it will run at 20$ or even lower, they marked them down since it was not a good seller.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate one and I put only one scoop of it with 8 -10oz of skim milk...Even though it says use 2 scoops...It still tastes great & will last way longer too... :) Also, GNC has a fiber & probiotics mix that I bought to add to my drinks...It helps to thicken it up & add fiber...I use my blender at home instead of buying one of those cups b/c they are a little pricey at GNC...But I definitely recommend the Lean Shake...You will love it!! Plus I quit drinking chocolate milk & I get my chocolate fix this way too...YAY!!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    do you have it as a snack or meal?
    [/quote

Completely depends on what I've eaten that day/how much I've excercised. Normally I use it as a meal replacer for breakfast, but I have used it as a snack in between lunch in dinner If I'm really hungry and I know that I have/or am going to excercise that day. I believe it only has around 180 calories per serving and like 3-4g of fat (if you use water)
  • HappilySingle
    HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've done both the Lean Shake whole kit (can't remember what its called) and just the shakes. I found the ready to drink shakes gross. I think the ready to make ones are better, but they seem to taste like flowers to me. I lost a few pounds (maybe 1-3) but I was also more aware of what I was eating and going to the gym at that time
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have the GNC Lean Shake 25 in chocolate, and it's not bad compared to a lot of protein shakes. The directions say 2 scoops for 8-10 oz of water, which gives you the 25g protein for 200 calories, and the other stats aren't bad. It's not super loaded with a ton of sugar and stuff compared to a lot of similar options, so I like it. I make mine with half water and half light vanilla Silk soy milk and replace breakfast with it. For that it's 235 calories and it tastes pretty good. If I'm in a rush and I need to use it for a dinner replacement instead I add a tablespoon of peanut butter to it too and sometimes a banana or strawberries if I have the fruit on hand. If I do it that way I use a blender.

BTW I got my jar on Ebay for like half price and it was brand new. If you're not sure if you will like it enough to buy the whole jar GNC has single serving packets of it that you can buy for like $2 just to try it.

For ready made protein shakes I really like the EAS Advantage Carb Control shakes. They're 110 calories and 17g of protein, although price per shake they are more expensive. You can find them at Wal-Mart.
    http://eas.com/product/advantedge-carb-control-ready-to-drink
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking the regular Total Lean shakes for breakfast and sometimes lunch for the past month. I bought a few individual packets first, then th large jars when they had bogo 50% off. I like the Blueberries & Cream and the Cookie & Cream. I add Walden Farms 0 cal caramel or strawberry syrup to the Vanilla Bean. I usually in the blender with water and ice. At work, I mix with water in the blender bottle first, then add ice and shake to thicken.
  • candidshot
    Options
    I've not used the "25" Version, but the regular one is pretty good. I bought the Chocolate and Vanilla jars about 4 years ago and wasn't that impressed with them, but I've learned recently that mixing with other things is what makes a huge difference in taste. I would mix about a tablespoon of sugar free jello or jello pudding mix (cheesecake is good) and/or fruit to the mix before you blend with ice. It only adds a few more calories. Your options are endless! :) I remember the girl at GNC recommending that I buy the regular version and just add milk if I want the protein. Replacing 2 of my meals with shakes has helped me lose 5 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • yuratbk0
    yuratbk0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought this shake mix at GNC. The bottle says two scoops, but it didn't come with a scooper! Can anyone tell me about the size of the scoop they got with theirs?
  • momof3inmn
    momof3inmn Posts: 26
    Options
    I was just looking at this online today. A coworker has used them and said they are really good if you use half water and half coffee in the chocolate or vanilla flavors.

I think I'll try it this weekend.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Tried three flavors of it:

Vanilla - pretty bland. I'd skip over it. I'm normally a vanilla lover but this just tasted bleh.

Cookies and Cream - AMAZING

Chocolate - AMAZING, although I think they add some sort of thickener to the mix that isn't in the C&C and Vanilla ones because when made with cold water it comes out with the thicker and creamier consistency that the other two have to be made with milk to get.

It's definitely a great choice. I loved it.

One thing I want to add in case we get anyone asking why you don't do whey since it's cheaper, LS25 is meant to be a meal replacement while whey is not. LS25 is Oatmeal-based which gives it a more complete nutrient profile not found in pure whey shakes. Of course you could get that from whey too if you add stuff like fruits and make it a smoothie, but that's not always an option. I used to keep a tub of LS25 at work. I only stopped a few months ago because I stopped shopping at GNC and began ordering my stuff at bodybuilding.com since they're cheaper, though they don't have a suitable LS25 substitute.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Trying the Lean Shake 25 in the bottle (just got enough for 8 days) and hoping to boost myself out of this plateau...starting tomorrow and doing it for breakfast and lunch with a sensible dinner. Hope I didn't pay extra for JUST a fancy name-brand Slimfast...
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I just bought this shake mix at GNC. The bottle says two scoops, but it didn't come with a scooper! Can anyone tell me about the size of the scoop they got with theirs?

I thought that also when I bought my first jar. The scooper may be buried down in the jar.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I really like them and they keep me full for a few hours which a lot of "shakes" don't do. I do however use more liquid than they say...about 8 oz of 1% milk or almond milk and 4 oz of water to the 2 scoops or it comes out a little thicker. Also, use some ice so it will get colder. The swiss chocolate and the cookies and cream were great. the strawberry and cream was disgusting, I took it back. GNC has a money back guarantee (not sure if it is bottom of the bag or 30 days) and if you don't like it or it isn't filling enough, you can take it back.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I really like them and they keep me full for a few hours which a lot of "shakes" don't do. I do however use more liquid than they say...about 8 oz of 1% milk or almond milk and 4 oz of water to the 2 scoops or it comes out a little thicker. Also, use some ice so it will get colder. The swiss chocolate and the cookies and cream were great. the strawberry and cream was disgusting, I took it back. GNC has a money back guarantee (not sure if it is bottom of the bag or 30 days) and if you don't like it or it isn't filling enough, you can take it back.

In general stay away from any Strawberry flavored nutritional/protein shake. The companies have gotten vanilla and chocolate down to an art it seems like, but I have yet to try a brand's strawberry flavored shake mix that doesn't taste like medicine.
  • tomhancock
    tomhancock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We do two scoops with about half of the recommended water and fill the blender up with ice, and it comes out somewhat like a healthy milkshake
  • mm9286
    mm9286 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am just trying the Swiss Chocolate and I just dont know how I feel about it.
  • Belindaw415
    Options
    2 scoops! Im up to one for breakfast and one gor lunch