Does anyone else feel like they're eating all the time?!

Options
I guess I am just one of those fat people whose body was in starvation mode for a long time .... but eating the 1800 the Dr. has put me on and eating them in the forms of fruits and vegetables and only 4 oz. of protein at meals and only 1/4 of my plate be a starchy vegetable.... I feel like I am constantly eating and in my mind eating that much is bad and I'm only going to become heavier. Anyone else feel like this? And any advice for how to get over these feelings? Thanks for listening to me rant for a minute.... I am just a little frustrated! lol.

Replies

• mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I guess I am just one of those fat people whose body was in starvation mode for a long time .... but eating the 1800 the Dr. has put me on and eating them in the forms of fruits and vegetables and only 4 oz. of protein at meals and only 1/4 of my plate be a starchy vegetable.... I feel like I am constantly eating and in my mind eating that much is bad and I'm only going to become heavier. Anyone else feel like this? And any advice for how to get over these feelings? Thanks for listening to me rant for a minute.... I am just a little frustrated! lol.

To be honest, I stick to 1200 calories per day and have lost continuously, no plateau. The only time I put weight on was the week before last because I had just come back from a two week vacation and had been drinking like a fish on it.

I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and my snack is usually an orange. My daily quota of milk which I use in tea and coffee, I also stick under snacks.

What had you been doing that you think put you in starvation mode previously?
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I used to never eat but only once a day and that meal almost never went over 800 calories. I had started feeling SOOO bad about how my body looked that I was willing to do anything.... regardless of how stupid.... to look better. Never lost a single ounce eating like that :/ I might try the 1200 calories..... but when I exercise do I need to eat those calories back? Also, my dr put me on an 1800 calorie diet.... should I just tell her I think its too much? Do you think she'll look at me like I'm crazy? lol
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    I eat 1700 calories per day and burn 1920 per week, and my loss is about 1 lb. per week. I do feel like I'm eating a lot, but in reality, it's just a lot more lower-calorie foods and less processed junk. You can eat a lot more for your calories if you're eating veggies instead of chips.
  • Di3012
    Options
    I used to never eat but only once a day and that meal almost never went over 800 calories. I had started feeling SOOO bad about how my body looked that I was willing to do anything.... regardless of how stupid.... to look better. Never lost a single ounce eating like that :/ I might try the 1200 calories..... but when I exercise do I need to eat those calories back? Also, my dr put me on an 1800 calorie diet.... should I just tell her I think its too much? Do you think she'll look at me like I'm crazy? lol

Well you could try something like 1500 calories and only eating part of your exercise calories back for a while to see if that works.

Providing you don't have kidney problems, ensure you eat lots of protein, especially after workouts, it is filling.

If that doesn't work, you can lower it a little more until you find you suddenly get weightloss. It will come, definitely, it is just finding your calorie level to make it happen x
  • Di3012
    Options
    I knew I would forget something *sigh*

Ensure you eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner, log everything, even the milk in tea and coffee. If you only eat once per day, it is a mighty long time to wait until your next meal and changes take place in your mental state when you do that, something you really don't want x
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I first started changing my lifestyle and eating habits. I used to only eat once or twice a day ... much larger portions of course. I was never hungry in the mornings and I would only get hungry in the late afternoons and early evenings. So when I started to eat every 3-4 hours and smaller meals it seemed like my entire day was revolved around eating! At some point it seemed like a lot of work with all the planning, prepping, and counting. Now, it has become much easier and find it enjoyable to plan my meals, eating smaller portions, and cooking pretty much everything myself. When I started exercising a lot I welcomed this style of eating as well. At one point I didn't want to eat after a workout because I felt like I was eating back all my hard work! Then I started noticing my bodies connection with food. After I eat my body temperature rises some. I have cravings of things I never had prior to this health style change= like my new found sweet tooth! I can tell the difference between hunger and thirst ... and if I don't drink at least 10 glasses of water I will suffer the next morning or after a workout! It's been an interesting process for sure. Just stay with it and you won't find it frustrating anymore, but rather fascinating!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Well you could try something like 1500 calories and only eating part of your exercise calories back for a while to see if that works.

Providing you don't have kidney problems, ensure you eat lots of protein, especially after workouts, it is filling.

If that doesn't work, you can lower it a little more until you find you suddenly get weightloss. It will come, definitely, it is just finding your calorie level to make it happen x

OP - follow the advice of your doctor. He/She is a trained, educated, experienced medical professional who has you eating 1800 calories a day for a reason. It may feel like a lot, but you just need to rethink your attitude towards food......throw the idea out the window that you know what you're doing and listen to your doctor.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree with Lora, listen to your doctor not someone on a forum. You're going to have to readjust your attitudes to eating and food (but then, don't we all?) It'll take a bit of time. Give your doctor's diet plan a chance, you might be surprised by the results. And if it still doesn't work for you after you've tried it you can discuss - with your doctor - lowering your calories and trying again. Good luck.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Listen to your doctor. People here mean well but your doctor is a trained professional and understands health in general and especially you in particular better than anyone here is going to.

You feel like you're eating a lot because probably you weren't eating enough before. Maybe you can tell your doctor about this and ask him/her about ways you can increase calories a bit in each meal in a healthy way, so you don't feel like you have to constantly eat all day long. I recently upped my calories so I know what you mean, but it's been working for me. You just have to readjust your thinking. It takes a little time. :)