Like to Hike? Read this!!

Options
FitKate
FitKate Posts: 169 Member
So my husband and I live in OH. We love backpacking and hiking and doing day trips. Its hard living in this state because finding active couples/ friends who like doing out door nature stuff is hard to come by. So if you are interested in going to Red River Gorge (This is KY by the way) or would like to go hiking with us while we are in Yellow stone this summer I'm putting out an open invitation. We have all kinds of gear and do anything from day hikes to camp spot, week long camping trips to camp next to your car trips.

Just looking for more friends who enjoy the out door life. Feel free to add me as a friend even if your not in the area. :happy:

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wish you lived near me! I need hiking buddies...
  • CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started last summer with doing shorter (3 mile or less hikes) Now that I have my fitbit we have started doing hikes that are a little bit longer. A week ago, I thought we were taking the pup for a 6 mile hike, turned out to be an 8 mile hike, but was so exhilerating.

If you ever head over to the North East let us know.

Feel free to add me if you would like.

Happy Trails...
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Unforunately I live in MT. :grumble:
    But you should totally start/join a group for OH peeps who like to hike! I'm sure there are others out there like you. :happy:
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love the idea! I can't say my husband and I could do it this year but... hey, thanks for the invitation. :smile:
  • projectconsistency
    Options
    Hello, my fellow Ohio hiker! Have you ever been to Hocking Hills? My family actually has a trip there planned this week. Brown County, IN, is another great, close place to hike.
  • FitKate
    Options
    Hello, my fellow Ohio hiker! Have you ever been to Hocking Hills? My family actually has a trip there planned this week. Brown County, IN, is another great, close place to hike.

I love hocking hills. We went there for Valentines day Last year. We stayed in a cabin and hikes all the local trails. It was awesome. I'll have to Add Brown County, IN to our list. We have relatives in IN.
  • catramsey2
    catramsey2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Austin Texas has soooo many hiking trails within the city limits. Love to hike. Using this as one of my ways to exercise!
  • FitKate
    Options
    Anyone else in the ohio / KY / IN area like to hike?
  • 3dudesg
    Options
    I am looking for a hiking buddy in Colorado Springs - Falcon - Peyton - Calhan Colorado area.