Calorie loss differs per person?

Options
Me and mum have taken a vow of healthy eating and exercise.

We just entered in the exercise we just did together but we both got completely different calories burnt results.

I got 20 mins = 70 cals, she got 20 mins 135 calories burnt.

p.s. it's the same exercise choice too, aerobics general.

Is the difference normal ? ... or has one of us made a mistake when entering in data perhaps?

Replies

• Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    Do you have different weights? Calorie burn varies by weight, if your mum is heavier than you she would have burnt more calories.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your mum weighs quite a bit more than you. If that's the case, it's probably correct.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yes it is normal. You will also burn fewer calories as you lose weight. It takes more energy to move a larger body around.
  • kegan5
    kegan5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you :)
  • kegan5
    Options
    I've figured out our confusion, when entering the daily exercise the Aerobics high impact gives 70 calories for 20 minutes or 116 calories for 15 minutes... as nice as this would be, I figured it's a glitch hence our confusion :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would think the difference in age, height, and weight is what's going on. Good for the two of you working at this together!!!
  • kegan5
    Options
    Thanks Coco_puff :) definitely why me and mum are getting different results, but the post I made above was just my own results and I would think that doing more minute of exercise would mean burning more calories?
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks Coco_puff :) definitely why me and mum are getting different results, but the post I made above was just my own results and I would think that doing more minute of exercise would mean burning more calories?

Report it to staff. This place relies on people giving their information to everyone, a little from everyone makes a lot of knowledge. I'm sure the staff will work it out. It will be two different people getting information from different places and adding that into the database without corroboration somehow.

cheers and well done. :D B.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    yep. this is right. diff height age and weight. the bigger you are height mass wise the more calories you'll burn doing anything even just breathing because theres more of you that requires energy, and that means you will have to make your main organs work a little harder to meet supply and demand. also experience in an activity and fitness levels play a huge part, your body adapts etc etc .
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I take my information for calories burned from various different sources and create an average. One site I use is http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    If your on different exercise machines, then they may be calibrated different,
    We have 2 rowers in our gym, lol, an easy and a hard one,,,,,
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    the more you weigh the more you burn :)