Starting P90x tomorrow and need a little insperation!!!

Options
I have never done P90X and need a little push. I normally just go to the gym and run and now I need a change. Anyone have any words of wisdom or anyone feel like kicking butt with me?

Replies

• tretyak90
    tretyak90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started it last Tuesday!!! My fav one is ab ripper!! I love feeling the burn and the next morning I feel great!
  • akossen
    akossen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm actuaaly starting the program tomorrow too! I feel that I need a boost of change and my current routine has ran its course. Good luck to you on this journey! Feel free to add me! :)
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Insanity. I'm on week TWO for theTHIRD time lol. I have had stuff get in the way. I have friend who gave me advice I'll pass on. Now I was just logging "circuit training, general" for say 40 min which for me is about 348 calories. Then I got my HRM, yes it was spendy but I'm totally in love with it! I have a polar FT4, it's easy to use and was like $60! Anyway the other night I logged 43 min "Insanity- Ploymetric Cardo Circuit- Per HRM" at 588 calories. Basically if you don't have a HRM and you are not going to buy one, that is MORE than fine, but LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. If you need to take a rest, if you are hungry eat! More advice, which I should be doing, is get a head band! Maybe you'll look retarded like me, but OMG I sweat so much. Along with that make sure your shoes are comfy. Most importantly DRINK WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER, WATER. Also take your rest day on the day most convient for you; my husand and I get up at 4:30 am. . he goes to bed at about 9 everynight, so I take my rest day on Saturday when we sleep in untill 6am and stay up late (around 10) like the rebles we are :) I'm going to send you a friend request. If you have any questions, I'm no pro, but feel free to message me! You will be sore, you will feel like you are going to die, but DIG DEEPER!
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just sent you an invite to the group p90x challeng on here. There are quite a few of us starting Monday.
  • lpelayomaui
    Options
    I started my transformation journey last year with P90X and got amazing results. I would love to cheer you on and help you stay motivated. You can do this if you make up your mind that it's really what you want. Let me know how I can help you!
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Instead of saying something negative about all of the various ways of marketing and monetizing and skewing a simple circuit training protocol as something more special than any other circuit training protocol, I'll just say Good luck!

It's more important to go ahead and think about what you're planning on doing after you get tired of working out like a football player would. I get countless clients who have wasted their time with these systems. And I'm not a fan of "something is better than nothing" if you're wasting time. Why waste time when you have so many other things in life to do? So...will you waste time with this?

What will you be doing this time next year? How long are you going to workout "super hard?" "super intense" "like a kick *kitten* warrior?"....because you simply don't need to, but most people think you do. Since this will be the reason for any bodily change, figure out what you're going to do after you get tired of all of that, so you don't relapse, like 90% of people do because it's not sustainable...because most people don't want to be football players...which is why everyone says "I'm trying it again for the 12th time...all the while thinking they did something wrong or wasn't "tough enough"...or insanse enough....meh.

Will you magically be able to switch to a different type of workout that isn't as intense, and adjust your intake accordingly? But then again, why not just do that now? I know why, because the number 90 is a better marketing word than 290...Stress your body thin in 3 months as opposed to lose weight properly while taking 3 times as longer. Because we want results yesterday, even though we might have ignored the action for those results over more than 3 months, usually more like 3 years! But I mean who would want p365X...?

Oh, you wanted inspiration didn't you...Prove me wrong!
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    If some of the exercises seem hard, do the easy version, the first few times. You will be able to do the harder versions later on! Good luck.