Over my "goals" on EVERYTHING

Options
I have been track my diet faithfully for 3 weeks now because I am determined to finally get to my goal weight before my 30th birthday (something I haven't seen since I was in high school, but it's a woman thing, I need to feel good even though I'm turning 30! haha). Anyway, after doing this I have noticed that I am constantly over (almost every single day) in the Carbs, Protein, and Sugars sections... and not by a little bit. My calories were set at 1200, but because of my works out I wasn't netting 1200 so I upped my calories to 1360 and have been netting about 1300 consistantly for the last week but same results... always over. I'm just wondering, if I'm under on my caloric goals every single day, how can almost every area be over and what I'm suposed to eat... what foods would actually give me all the fat I'm missing but still be good for me? Should I be stressing to keep my numbers under the MFP goals but still take in almost 1400 calories? Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• annieemmons
    annieemmons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I really don't know! I generally don't worry about each subsection myself and just look at the overall calories. But I do know what you are talking about and have noticed that trend myself. I am just restarting MFP as I had good success with it last year, but again I try to just focus on the overall calories and keep my saturated fat levels fairly low as I have occasional high cholesterol thanks to my genetics. I wouldn't stress over your sugar levels too much unless you were diabetic or acknowledged eating many sugary items (other than fruits). Likewise, I wouldn't worry that much about your fat levels unless you are combating high cholesterol. You could try some foods that have lots of good fats if you are lacking in those, like avocados, coconut milk, or nuts which have lots of good fats. Nuts in particular have lots of good fats and calories, but again are really good for you!
  • jailee813
    jailee813 Posts: 29
    Options
    I would kill for an Avocado right now, but alas, I'm without due to my location. Thanks for the feedback, and yes, it was more of a question because I'm not focusing on anything really other than staying under my calorie goals, don't have any health issues to worry about thank god, but it was something I notcied so I figured I'd ask.