Ugh. Fat. :(

Options
This weekend I went to see the Toronto Supercross, and had my photo taken repeatedly (including one with my favourite rider, Dean Wilson! Yay!). But when I got home, I had the EXACT same reaction to seeing these pictures, as I did when I was suddenly slammed in the face with the fact that I. Am. Fat.

Here is a comparison of the two pictures. I want desperately to see the difference, but I can't. I know when others post their pics like these I'm always like, "I can TOTALLY see a difference! How does s/he not see the difference!??" Now I understand why.

Please tell me, if I'm crazy, and that there's a difference, but also PLEASE tell me if I'm not crazy, and there isn't a difference. I need some objective perspective here.

First pic is me last June, around 230# | Second pic is March 23rd, approx 210#

Hopefully the pics show up, if not, copy this link I guess:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eve/7015747707/

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I can't see them...
  • nullmom
    nullmom Posts: 10
    Options
    Yeah its not showing me the pics either. But in yor profile pictures you seem happy and obviously have someone in your life that loves you for who you are not how small your waist is. Be thankful for that!! You didnt gain the weight over night and as nice as it would be it wont come off that way either. And that sucks : ) but keep your head up my motto is "if you nibble it scribble it" that is the main secrect for weight loss success. I lost 35 pounds and looked in the mirror horrified at what I saw. Yes I was losing weight but my body was not what I expected with that amount of weight loss so I started working out at home using the firm supercharged sculpting and every day I look in the mirror now I see myself getting closer to what I want. Its all done in baby steps and it is very frusterating. I am seeing very little change in the scale now but my body is changing for the better. Just keep going and you too can reach your goals
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Just click on her link and you can see the pics.

YES, there is a difference. I see it in your face the most. Congrats on your progress so far. You will hit your goals. Just keep at it.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the link the first time. I think your thighs look smaller, and I can tell a difference in your face also. Great job so far! You can do it! :)
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I do see a difference. Everything seems a bit smaller, and your face is dramatically different. However, I know how you feel. I was disappointed with my own progress pics recently. I felt like I had made so much progress, but the pictures told a different story. Oh well. All we can do is move on. I've read on here before that losing weight is like peeling the layers of an onion. Those first few layers aren't quite as noticeable, but as you peel more off, the loss becomes more evident. Just keep pushing on through this and soon enough you will see the undeniable difference that you long to see. :flowerforyou:
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I see a difference! Your face and your arms definitely look slimmer the rest looks smaller too. I think we are our own worst critics at times.
  • biancardi
    biancardi Posts: 20
    Options
    Your thighs and face look slimmer to me - Keep up the good work! Really, you look great and congrats on losing 22 pounds.
  • christinet8504
    Options
    There is a difference. Look at the thighs and the face - those are your best telling features in these pics because everything else is covered up in the first one so it is hidden. Plus it was covered in black which we all know is a little more forgiving. Keep at it girly! Do you have another before pic? Maybe one in a tank or something like that? You'd be able to see better with one of those.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support. I did take underwear shots right before I dedicated myself to losing weight, and I've taken "progress" underwear shots since, but I'm feeling a little too vulnerable right now to post those. They still hit too close to home.