Anyone else 5'7, in shape, but trying to lose those last 5 p

Options
Okay so I'm 5'7 I weight 145 pounds so I'm fit but I wanna lose those last 5 pounds ! But again the skinnier you are the harder it is to lose weight!! Anyone have any tips? :)

Replies

• Zara150
    Zara150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow I'm 145lbs too and I'm 5'7 I wanna lost 5 lbs :)
  • sunnykt
    sunnykt Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5'7 too, and 135 pounds and all I can say is, eat healthy, eat between 1,200 and 1,450 net calories and you will get there (depending on how slow you want to go).

The main difference between being thin, and being overweight is that while people starting at a larger weight might find 1'700 net a deficient, this might be more like our maintenance.

The reason I say eat vaguely healthy is that although this might not have an impact on your weight, it does have an impact on your health, and if you can re-program your taste buds to enjoy healthy foods you'll find it easier to eat healthy (and thus less calorific) foods.

Really it is all the same principles.

I've still got my last 10 pounds to loose but this are some specifics that help me;

Exercise (to look better, but not to scale better)

Spices such as cinnamon, chai, chili, garlic and ginger (flavour those healthy foods into something that you want to eat)

Leaning- reading the labels of all the packaged foods that you put into your body (I do this pretty much every time, force of habit- I look at the calories, the protein and the carbs, and sometimes the saturated fats )

Everything in moderation- but I also tried to invent lower calorie replacements. Cinnamon toast with a tiny bit of sugar and stevia may not be anything like a cinnamon donut, but I made my tastebuds get used to the idea that they were only ever going to get 'alternatives' to the unhealthy foods, they stopped craving them as much, and now they are used to what I eat <3
    When I started I used salad as a replacement for chips. Now I just eat salad. As salad. Not as a replacement for anything. But I still eat chips at parties or at other people's houses. So basically it's that 'everything in moderation' principle people preach (I also didn't want to look like that dieting freak).
  • andreyako
    andreyako Posts: 12
    Options
    the last 10 to 5 pounds are always stubborn and hard to get rid off its like they don't want to leave, what i would do is grab a butcher knife lay that flap on a cutting board and chop it off!! hahaha totally kidding! but yeah honestly if your counting calories just cut back a lil more. like try to eat more greens less complex or starchy carbs. carbs no later than 6 of coarse and to top it off try running in the morning before breakfast twice or three times. combine all of that and give it 2 weeks and your done! and ohh dont forget those crunches to tighten up your lower abs because i bet that's where that 5 pounds is hanging off!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Winners find a way, losers find an excuse
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    We'll im working on a six pack, which is half way there and i'm not " thin" so i don't think cutting back alot on calories is wise.. I've got muscles and if i cut back i wont be feeding my muscles ._. I don't want to be "stick figure skinny" I'm the type of girl that wants rock hard abs and lean muscles. so I KNOW that 1200 calories is not good for me since i work out alot
  • andreyako
    Options
    well i didn't mean cut back a lot i think i said a little more but i wasn't sure of what your goal is and what shape your in. now that you mentioned then do more of circuit training workouts if you never tried it always try something new. or even cross fit these are all perfect for getting that body that your looking for as for a six pack like i said do more leg up/ weighted leg ups crunches cable crunches weighted twist to give you that V shape.
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    nice :D thanks for the tip <3
  • andreyako
    Options
    no problem and good luck!! <3:)
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me now and in the past is three days at 30% below maintenance/TDEE and one day at maintenance.
    The three days 30% below maintenance will be low carbs 100-120g max, the rest of the calories will come form protein and healthy fats. The fourth day will be maintenance calories with macros mainly consisting of high carbs moderate protein and low fat.
    This is only for the last few pounds i wouldn't recommend it if you have a lot to lose.
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and down to 155, trying to get to 150. Its driving me batty. 153 one day, 156 the next, then back down to 154. I am also 42 and have thyroid issues, even just getting from 162 (my recent high weight) down to this weight was tough. Today I skiied and did NOT eat well. Also traveled last week, and both days flying were bad. So I am hopeful these next few days/weeks will be better!
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 I weight 145 pounds so I'm fit but I wanna lose those last 5 pounds ! But again the skinnier you are the harder it is to lose weight!! Anyone have any tips? :)

Yep, this is me exactly. For me, I just need to try harder. I've kinda given up lately. I need to find my motivation again!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have no tips.......I"m 5'6 and half and trying to lose the last 10......since october.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm 5'7 I weight 145 pounds so I'm fit but I wanna lose those last 5 pounds ! But again the skinnier you are the harder it is to lose weight!! Anyone have any tips? :)

I'm the same height but just curious... At 145, what size do you wear? I was a size 12 at 180 so just curious what size I might be if I got closer to 150. Sorry, not trying to hijack your post.

Thanks
  • AmberJaebabeyy
    Options
    I'm 5/7 and weigh 127 I want to lose 8 more that's it just so you can see my six pack that's hiding under it but it's not budging I've just upped my calories by 150 a day and eating 5 times instead of 2-3 it seems to be helping. Feel free to add me!
  • AmberJaebabeyy
    Options

I'm the same height but just curious... At 145, what size do you wear? I was a size 12 at 180 so just curious what size I might be if I got closer to 150. Sorry, not trying to hijack your post.

Thanks

At 145lbs I was a 10-12 in aus so a 6-8 in Us :)
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    @ mindyhenry74

I wear between a size 5 or 6 either or :)
  • nekoxvampyx
    Options
    @ amberbabeyy

:) you look great! how many calories do you consume on a daily basis? and how much do you work out? I work out about 2 hours a day been focusing more and weight lifting lately, the numbers on the scale haven't budged but I have lost inches :) relying on the good old measuring tape now since the scale can't really be trusted cause I don't mind gaining weight as long as it's muscle.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    5'7 and 123 trying to loose the last 3 pounds. I've been eating about 1670 plus exercise calories. Seems to be working for me!
  • jamface11
    jamface11 Posts: 87
    Options
    I got down to around my goal weight of 125, then fell of the rails a little back up to 135. Finally refocusing and hope to get back down, and add a lot more muscle as at that weight it was still a little flabby especially in the legs.

I found at 125 my upper body was quite slender, but my legs were still much bigger than i wanted, any advice? I try to lift heavy weights (relative :P) 2-3x a week, been pretty slack with the cardio because I don't enjoy it very much. Thanks :)
  • kaz261280
    kaz261280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey i am also 5'7, 131 pounds but trying to lose the last 5 to get me down to 126 (9 stone), but it just won't budge. I have been stuck here for over a month now. I have upped my cals from 1200 - 1400, I do lots of cardio classes, but going to start lifting weights and see if this works, was hoping to get down to 126 for my holiday but not going to happen as its in 9 days haha!