Prepping for the week ahead...

Options
I just finished picking up my fruits and veggies for the week from Hannafords. I cut up my romaine lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, hard boiled my eggs, and prepared my salad for tomorrow.

What do you do to prepare for and make the week ahead easier?

I'd love some new ideas. Snacks and meals you prepare ahead of time and how you keep them stored/fresh.

:bigsmile:

Replies

• jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I usually make a bunch of chicken, cut into bite size pieces, weigh and then separate it into containers, add pesto and have for lunch on a wrap at work. Only takes two minutes to reheat at work and in the morning all i need to do is grab container and the wrap to go. I also make pancakes and/or french toast on the weekends and then pack it away for breakfast during the week. It only takes a minute to reheat and enjoy.

--
    Follow my FB Fitness Page!
    Be stronger than your excuses: Recipes and inspiration for a healthier life
    www.facebook.com/excusesareeasy
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    I prepare my food on sunday, for monday to friday.
    Either 3-4kgs of grilled chicken breast + 2kgs of broccoli + 500g or
    24-36 cooked eggs + 2kgs of green beans or
    2-3 kgs of lean steak + 24 sticks of asparagus or
    4kgs of cooked mince beef with tomatos/onions/broccoli or
    a dozen or so cans of tuna cooked inside a frying pan with variety of spices and hot chilli sauces
    Keep them in microwaveable containers and inside the fridge

what I'm eating today

539565_10150619763761824_683431823_9397018_461026424_n.jpg

You want to be the best? then you have to eat like the best
    And that involves a lot of preparation and really bland tasting food.
    Body builders are my role models when it comes to nutrition
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I prepare my food on sunday, for monday to friday.
    Either 3-4kgs of grilled chicken breast + 2kgs of broccoli + 500g or
    24-36 cooked eggs + 2kgs of green beans or
    2-3 kgs of lean steak + 24 sticks of asparagus or
    4kgs of cooked mince beef with tomatos/onions/broccoli or
    a dozen or so cans of tuna cooked inside a frying pan with variety of spices and hot chilli sauces
    Keep them in microwaveable containers and inside the fridge

what I'm eating today

539565_10150619763761824_683431823_9397018_461026424_n.jpg

You want to be the best? then you have to eat like the best
    And that involves a lot of preparation and really bland tasting food.
    Body builders are my role models when it comes to nutrition

You could so spice that up with some fresh herbs, peppers, and tomatoes. Doesn't have to be totally bland...

And I so agree with your last statement about eating like the best. Absolutely true.
  • mscalfee
    mscalfee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have just started making my meals on my days off for the next days that I am working and put them in the freezer. So far it has worked out really well :)
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner is another option.
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump. Love this.
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    I cook for the whole week on the weekend- Then I put in bowls by serving size so in 2 hours today I made chicken thighs- pork chops and shrimp fried rice-
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I NEED to do this! It will make my life SO simple.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I usually make some chicken in the crockpot with salsa as well as a batch of Jamie Eason's cinnamon swirl protein bars for my preworkout snacks for the week. And I try to steam most of my veggies ahead of time as well.
  • mbts08
    mbts08 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I usually make some chicken in the crockpot with salsa as well as a batch of Jamie Eason's cinnamon swirl protein bars for my preworkout snacks for the week. And I try to steam most of my veggies ahead of time as well.

I love the cinnamon swirl protein bars :love:
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Today I bought a rotisserie chicken from the coop, cut it up, and made some chicken sandwiches on whole wheat bread for tomorrow. I sliced some cucumbers to go with it.

I also made homemade veggie pizza for dinner and will have lots of leftovers for the week.

Still have some boiled eggs from a few days ago, as well...
  • mznuluv
    mznuluv Posts: 8
    Options
    I make a pot of organic brown rice and portion it out, put in plastic containers and freeze, they're ready when needed. Also I weigh and portion to the serving size of my snacks, and freeze them too. Wash and peel vegetables and have them ready to use. I work at home so its easier to prep here and there to stay ahead.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I hard boiled a half dozen eggs today.

For the past few weeks I make my turkey burgers - 1 lb ground turkey + 1 lb ground turkey breast + 1 or 2 jalapenos + good tbs of grated ginger + cilantro and a dash of soy sauce. I love these for lunch or snack. Great slider with avocado Or good in a salad or just plain. Today I didn't make them because I pulled some frozen turkey burgers out from last week (when I used 3 lbs and made extra) and I also retrieved a batch of black bean soup that I froze last month.

Sometimes I make a pot of steel cut oats in the rice cooker to have for breakfast a few days.

I also like to precook kale lightly and store in fridge - makes it easy to either microwave or throw in a saute pan and it takes up so much less room that way (I like to buy bagged prewashed, precut). Today I baked it though.

Chicken breast on the bone into the crockpot with salsa or salad dressing/marinade. Use it for lots of things.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    A lot of great ideas here! Thanks! Prepping on Sundays really does make life a bit easier during the week. I'm on a salad kick right now, so it's super easy to prep that. :laugh:
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Jello shot cups are perfect for bringing pre portioned salad dressing and condiments to work. I found them at my grocery store for like $2 but if you've never heard of them before (like me) here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Jello-Glasses-Durable-Plastic-Clear/dp/B001CDVE72

But what the containers I absolutely LOVE and would hate to do without are these:

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/newspring-nc-888-b-black-38-oz-versatainer-6-x-8-1-2-x-2-rectangular-microwavable-container-with-lid-150-cs/128NC888B COMBO150.html

They're the perfect size to hold a complete meal and you can freeze and microwave in them (no BPA) so they're really handy. I have about 15 nested in my cabinet at a time that take up almost no room and since the lids have a slight indentation you can stack them in the fridge without them slipping too. I was hesitant to buy them because they only come in boxes of 150 but I don't know what I would do without them now--so much so I'm glad I have a 100 more of them in a box taking up room in my closet. lol