Thinking about getting the Wii fit package..any one have it?

Options
:bigsmile:
I was wondering if any of you have it and is it worth the money? I really have never even seen one so I need advice.

Thanks!!

Replies

• otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love it, it is how I lost all of my weight. Yoga, Just Dance, Fit games, go for it!
  • tpot74
    tpot74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love it and the calorie count is real. I measured against my heart rate monitor.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have it; I use it pretty much every day. I use the step aerobics program, but I bought the riser which makes it a 8" step. I also go at my own speed, so I can get more steps in. I do find the step counter and the timer very helpful. I also like to play the other fitness games, both balance ana aerobic; that gives you a break from just "working out". You can have fun at the same time.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it. I don't use it for very much anymore other than a scale that makes you feel guilty for missing a day. Lol but the programs are good, and can get our heart rate up quite nicely. I just find that when it's nice outside, I'd rather go for a run then be inside on a video game.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and I don't get a good enough workout on it. I do enjoy the games every once in a while. I do love the EA Sports Active 1 & 2 which you can use with the Fit Board or without. They provide a more intense workout that is less game like and more like working with a personal trainer.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I love mine actually that is where I weigh in I dont have a regular scale the games are so fun I love the hula hoop one I also have wii sport with bowling, baseball and other games I love them too
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have one but quit using it because it scolded me for being obese every time I did a fitness check. My Wii is a jerk. :(

I like the yoga but find everything else to be kind of childish and not cardio-intensive enough. Your mileage may vary.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it. It's a lot of fun and burns those calories. And best of all, for us older gals it's low impact and absolutely doable. Even the kids and grandkids get involved which makes it that much more fun!
  • Beccababe01
    Options
    I have and i love it... :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have it, but have to agree that a run outside can be more appealing. The strengh workouts are ok though (since I won't do them otherwise haha).
    The games are fun, DH plays call of duty, I do wii fit and Zumba.
    I got mine second hand at about half price. Not sure if i'd pay the full one.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The best part about it is the scale feature w/ the graph. Honestly, I don't really use the board other than that, but I weigh in every morning.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I have it and love it! And I just got zumba... Something new to kick my butt... LOL
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I was wanting it to help me do some strength training...I need to tone up my flabby arms some if that is possible. I need guidance with exercises to do that kind of thing. I love to ride the bike outside when the weather is nice (like this weekend).
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii fit plus with the board. We have a ton of games for every member of our family. I love Zumba and Just Dance along with The Biggest Loser for working out. I also do the free steps to track my steps while watching tv and i have a goal of no less than 3000. Personally, I think you can get a great workout if you put forth the energy and work hard.
  • Rscrappy
    Rscrappy Posts: 35
    Options
    I have it and love it. Zumba 2 is a butt kicker. Also do the free step and yoga also.