"More to love" YUCK!!!

Options
This show on Fox is absolutely ridiculous. It is completely humiliating to heavy women everywhere. I have seen them stand around with the Bachelor talking about their favorite desserts, eating steaks dinner and discussing their favorite comfort foods. You would never seem them play up food on the real Bachelor. This show is causing more harm than good to peoples opinion of heavy women. Plus they say the average girl in the world is 14 which I believe, but the average girl on this show is a 22 or more. This show better not be picked up for another season.

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I've already seen 2 threads about this show on MFP. I haven't seen it, but after reading the threads, I don't want to. Everyone seems to say how degrading the show is. You're not alone :indifferent:

exercise.png
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    This show gives the fat haters of America the polite way to stare and laugh! In the comfort of their own living room! Shame on The network for this exploitation, not to mention the needy cry babies they picked to be on the show! What the hell were they thinking? They could have picked confident women who knew who they are and what they want out of life, instead they picked the " this is my last chance to find love" desperate Drama queens! Ratings is what they are after! They would never have had the size 2 counter parts weigh in and tell what their food habits are, why these girls? absolutely Horrible!!!

I am off the soap box now!

register your complaints at this link! http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=moretolove#
  • JWarner1173
    Options
    I haven't watched the show nor do I plan to. When I saw the previews I was mortified! Why in this country do we HAVE to laugh at others to feel better about ourselves? And you are correct, a size 22 is NOT a size 14. Why could they not have had healthy women on the show that look like women? I honestly have yet to meet the man (and ALL but one of my friends are male) that would take the size 2 over a strong curvy (yet healthy) women. Women with pride, love, compassion, and strength are beautiful no matter what their size...but the women on that show gives us all a bad name!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I do think the girls are really pretty and the guy is areally cute but agreed it does give all the skin and bones lovers an excuse to ridicule. plus it almost hit home cause I have been in thuer boat before knowing a man doesnt want a bigger gal...i love the confidence howerever, just not the un healthy lifestyle...
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    The show is supposed to be about these women finding true love in this bachelor guy! what they eat, how big they are is not the story line! Or that is what the public was duped into believing! Horrible, just horrible!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    That is just wrong haven't seen it but really what's next? Schitzophrenic love story can you love all my personalities? Or how about a show about all alcoholic women needing a man who can mix their drinks properly? We all know food was our personal battle something that none of us enjoyed struggling with. Now to mock and degrade women these women... Oooooo... So mad
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this show is ridiculous, i googled it just now after reading so many threads on it

it talks about 'real' women, all women are real! it doesn't mean they have to be overweight, skinny, etc. it would've been nice to see a variety of women on the show from bombshells to even more butch like characters