NIGHT CRAVINGS!!!! ):

Options
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to stop these cravings?
I'll be perfectly fine until around 8PM and then I'll totally pig out and go over my calories! :angry:
Please help. :ohwell:

Replies

• GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I'll tell ya what not to do... a lot of people will tell you "drink water" and they aren't necessarily wrong. The thing is I do drink the water even though I know that at about 1:30 a.m. I will have to get up to tinkle (like my choice of words?). Then about 3:30 I'll be up doing it again and so now I've totally screwed myself out of a good night sleep which we all know is not good for any health reason.

Honestly if you can't help but eat make it something that will actually help. Veggies are fantastic fillers and things like broccoli apparently take more calories to digest than the provide which lets ya do a bit of low cal ranch dressing or dip.

You could also make room for the extra calories. Cut more during the day or exercise a bit more. Eating before bed isn't really so hot but if you have to do it to keep from being miserable then just try to adjust for it. Just my opinion.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I have a big problem with night cravings..I have to have something sweet at night. I have been freezing grapes, my bf and I stocked up on them today. Actually got this tip from a friend on here, they are awesome because they are sweet, and because they are frozen take a little longer to eat. 20 grapes is only about 30 cals so it's not that bad...if you're gonna eat chips or crackers...just get a small portion out, and set the bag aside. I also down a bottle of water if I still want to eat.

Hope this helps,
    Andrea
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'll tell ya what not to do... a lot of people will tell you "drink water" and they aren't necessarily wrong. The thing is I do drink the water even though I know that at about 1:30 a.m. I will have to get up to tinkle (like my choice of words?). Then about 3:30 I'll be up doing it again and so now I've totally screwed myself out of a good night sleep which we all know is not good for any health reason.

Honestly if you can't help but eat make it something that will actually help. Veggies are fantastic fillers and things like broccoli apparently take more calories to digest than the provide which lets ya do a bit of low cal ranch dressing or dip.

You could also make room for the extra calories. Cut more during the day or exercise a bit more. Eating before bed isn't really so hot but if you have to do it to keep from being miserable then just try to adjust for it. Just my opinion.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ya i agree the water at night is a no no, it is so wrong to have to wake up and peee!!!!!!!!
  • susiekut
    Options
    I do the exact same thing. I got up at 11:30 p.m.to go to the bathroom and I have to walk through my kitchen to geet there and it's like I'm in the kitchen , I need to eat....What is up with that???
    I bought 2 boxes of flavored tea( celestial seasoning) peppermint and honey vanilla chamomile.
    someone had told me to get a yummy flaovred tea and try that for a snack ....Just a suggestion..
    I'm trying it tonight if I go to reach for a snack!!! Hope it helps...
  • genma1987
    genma1987 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I, too, have tried the water, and tea before bed, but the mid night bathroom breaks just make me eat when I get up to go to the bathroom. I've found if I don't eat or drink anything 2 hours before I go to bed, then I sleep all night through and don't pig out right before bed, or in the middle of the night.