What to do for low maintenance boyfriend's birthday?

Options
Alright my boyfriend's birthday is coming up this Wednesday, he's turning 22.

I've heard him say a couple of times that "it's just a birthday." So I can tell he doesn't think it's a big deal but this is also his first birthday with a girlfriend, it would be kinda cool to show him one of the added benefits of having a girlfriend is having more attention on your birthday.

I dunno though. I know when girls say it's no big deal, then it is. So I don't want to hurt his feelings if I decide not to do much yet I don't want to bother him if I do decide to do something. I asked him if he wants to go to whatever restaurant he wants with his friends that day after church and I can tell he doesn't want to make a decision. He HATES having to make decisions unless he absolutely has to. Knowing him, he'd rather do absolutely nothing that day than have to decide where to go, what to do, etc.

So to all those other low-maintenance guys, what would you want? :flowerforyou:

Now, now, I know many of you will say BJs. I'm gonna nip that one in the bud and say that one can't happen. Trust me, I wouldn't mind doing that, but we're not at that stage yet :blushing:

BTW I got him a sword for his birthday, so gift is taken care of. I'm thinking about making him bacon roses too. I'm not completely sure yet though.

Replies

• sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My bf says that too so I just planned a budget friendly day together. I did the things he was interested in. We live together so I made him breakfast in bed, then we went for a hike, then we went for dinner followed by the cinema and a few drinks at home.

The cinema I had vouchers and we went for an early bird menu. I think once you make him feel special on his birthday he'll love it no matter what
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    Make him dinner & a great dessert. Spend the day doing things that he enjoys. :smile:
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I'm gonna ask his brother for some pointers too. I'm debating with the idea of cooking for him too. That way he doesn't have to chose a place to eat. lol.
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Dinner a movie and something he needs .... Low maintenance guy talking here !
  • fluffygoodness
    fluffygoodness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feed him that's the most important thing to my low maintenance guy.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    Feed him that's the most important thing to my low maintenance guy.

here! here!

You feed him, he's happy :laugh:
  • wish3s
    wish3s Posts: 14
    Options
    My boyfriend is the exact same way. On his birthday, I get him a get I know he has been wanting... I read something computer programming related. I make him dinner, dessert, and his favorite drinks. I just make sure I spend the day giving him attention, so he knows that I am glad he is here with me and I really am appreciative of having him in my life.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    First ..and most importantly. Not to contradict your initial post of ~“I dunno though. I know when girls say it's no big deal then it is”.~ you may be the exception to the rule mind you, but I have found that when most women.. my wife included..say… “ its no big deal” …,it IS a big deal..Real fukin big. Guys..when your love says its no big deal and u think it might be..odds are it is! Keep something on standby just in case. Pay attention to what they like or admire in flyers so u never fall into the trap of “ its no big deal”

OK…on to the gift…Just didn’t want you to get some poor guy killed by misleading the masses.

I am VERY low maintenance. Im going to cover a few ,because I don’t know how long you have been dating or your living arrangements. If he doesn’t live with you but spends the night..a nice razor to have at your house is great. Nothing sucks more than to have to use my wifes/ GF’s razor after she has had it hanging in the shower for a week. For that matter, a good razor is a great gift no matter where he lives.Even if he has one ..nice to have a spare. Any man worth his weight in salt needs a razor that doesn’t cost $3 for 5..they suck.

A simple dinner is awesome too. And by simple I mean, for my birthday I don’t care if we have pizza, Burger King..( insert whatever fast food place he likes here). Hell, id prefer it over steak 9 out of 10 times. Less having to think where to go. Truth is ..most of us don’t care. I don’t anyway.Save the nice restaurants for date night. On my birthday…im thrilled to see food.. even if came out of a cardboard box.
    A night out at the movies is fun..about any guy knows a movie that’s out that he wants to see. just don’t take him to see “The Vow” ( I went with my wife..i lived …but hey it’s his birthday. Let him pick)

Watermelon ………..hell ,you just bought him a sword.. got to have something to try it out on. Plus it gives him something to eat after hes done whacking the sht out of it. Just make sure to clean it and wipe some oil on the sword if it not stainless ( if u don’t know..check it with a magnet ,Stainless is Non- magnetic. If a magnet sticks than it will rust..fast..depending on the chromium and carbon content)

Hope that helps best of luck!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Make him dinner & a great dessert. Spend the day doing things that he enjoys. :smile:

Agree completely. If you want to include his friends, you could do a dinner party thing. Or you could go out for dinner, and then have dessert privately at home.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    First ..and most importantly. Not to contradict your initial post of ~“I dunno though. I know when girls say it's no big deal then it is”.~ you may be the exception to the rule mind you, but I have found that when most women.. my wife included..say… “ its no big deal” …,it IS a big deal..Real fukin big. Guys..when your love says its no big deal and u think it might be..odds are it is! Keep something on standby just in case. Pay attention to what they like or admire in flyers so u never fall into the trap of “ its no big deal”

OK…on to the gift…Just didn’t want you to get some poor guy killed by misleading the masses.

I am VERY low maintenance. Im going to cover a few ,because I don’t know how long you have been dating or your living arrangements. If he doesn’t live with you but spends the night..a nice razor to have at your house is great. Nothing sucks more than to have to use my wifes/ GF’s razor after she has had it hanging in the shower for a week. For that matter, a good razor is a great gift no matter where he lives.Even if he has one ..nice to have a spare. Any man worth his weight in salt needs a razor that doesn’t cost $3 for 5..they suck.

A simple dinner is awesome too. And by simple I mean, for my birthday I don’t care if we have pizza, Burger King..( insert whatever fast food place he likes here). Hell, id prefer it over steak 9 out of 10 times. Less having to think where to go. Truth is ..most of us don’t care. I don’t anyway.Save the nice restaurants for date night. On my birthday…im thrilled to see food.. even if came out of a cardboard box.
    A night out at the movies is fun..about any guy knows a movie that’s out that he wants to see. just don’t take him to see “The Vow” ( I went with my wife..i lived …but hey it’s his birthday. Let him pick)

Watermelon ………..hell ,you just bought him a sword.. got to have something to try it out on. Plus it gives him something to eat after hes done whacking the sht out of it. Just make sure to clean it and wipe some oil on the sword if it not stainless ( if u don’t know..check it with a magnet ,Stainless is Non- magnetic. If a magnet sticks than it will rust..fast..depending on the chromium and carbon content)

Hope that helps best of luck!

“I dunno though. I know when girls say it's no big deal then it is.”
    I meant "I dunno though. I know when girls say it's no big deal then it is a big deal."

LOL. The watermelon is an AWESOME idea!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    As a low maintenance gal who is married to a low maintenance guy, sometimes it's best to just have a nice dinner at home with a movie. It might sound boring to you but some people are just happier this way.
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My husband is easy, I just get him some "special" beer and he is happy!!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Sex! the gift that keeps on giving! Or is that herpes...I can never remember.....

Plus, it burns calories!!1
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Might want to check with his family and other friends to see if any of them have stuff planned. If they do, you will need to find out if you would be welcome at the gathering... nothing worse than making your guy decide between family/friends and you. If you are the only one planning anything.... if you haven't been together long, make it low key. His fav dinner and a couple cupcakes with candles. Nothing real fancy. Maybe a movie or some other event. The watermelon idea was great...maybe get a cantalope or honeydew too, or some other items he can hack away at. Men become little boys when they have a sword in their hands...:ohwell:

Have fun!