Why is it ok....?

Options
Mizzou91
Mizzou91 Posts: 249
Why is it ok for people who are heavier and have a lot of weight to lose to judge people who aren't as heavy and don't have as much to lose? I saw a thread like that tonight and have seen other similar threads in the past. No one necessarily knows what is in each person's head, what their history is, what kind of health challenges they may have, what goals they are working towards or what kind of support system they have.

We all have challenges, we all have issues. We are all here to try and improve ourselves. If you don't like something or someone, just ignore it/them and move on with your life. Why is that so hard for some?

Replies

• mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    well said :)

i hope a lot of other people read this thread.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    +1
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I don't make judgements about anyone's weight or size. If I see someone working towards their weight goals, I'll support them! :flowerforyou:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    People will always judge even if they believe they aren't. Sometimes the judgement is aimed at a particular group of people or an idea and the like-minded individuals rally around and feed each other their misconceptions and ignorant justifications for saying and believing what they do. On the internet it's more prevalent because it gives a sense of anonymity and one can reach a larger audience with their judgements/prejudice/hate/whatever.

And no, it's not okay, it's just one of life's more annoying dealings and it can either be ignored or let it crawl under your skin.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It is bothersome, especially since we all come here for support and encouragement toward our goals, whatever they may be. I think part of the problem is that some people are focused ONLY on weight and looking/being thinner--they don't necessarily think about it terms of overall health and fitness. Then of course there are those who are just mean and there's no excuse for that.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    It is bothersome, especially since we all come here for support and encouragement toward our goals, whatever they may be. I think part of the problem is that some people are focused ONLY on weight and looking/being thinner--they don't necessarily think about it terms of overall health and fitness. Then of course there are those who are just mean and there's no excuse for that.
    Well said!
  • Kvrana
    Kvrana Posts: 7
    Options
    Some people just love drama and being miserable! Not me! I just want to lose my weight in peace, and would never , ever judge anyone making the effort to be a better person in any way. I don't even judge people who judge people... can't we all just get along and support and be positive towards each other? Geesh! It takes a lot less energy to be nice and supportive and positive. Those judgey people drain me!

Ya know, I have lost 110 lbs, have 30-60 to go (Dr says 30, I am aiming for 50). I had lapband surgery because for me that is the only thing that would work for me long term, and I knew it was what I needed. My brain is still "fat"- I would still eat a ton of food if I could get it down my lapband! My lap band is a physical tool to help me stay in control when the part of my brain that loves everything and wants it all , is out of control! If only they had a lapband for all of my other vices! : )