Rookie/Scale advice...

Options
Hello all! What an awesome way to keep track of health goals! Lovin' it!
Anyone have advice on scales (good brands) and how often to use them?

Thanks,

Chris

Replies

• mingram09
    mingram09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a health o meter scale that stores you weight in on of 2 profiles so when you weigh on yours it tells you how much you lost or gained. also i weigh and measure once a week same day and time of day.. you should weigh in the morning for your true weight before you eat or drink.. its best to get on the scale once a week because if you weigh yourself throuhout randomly throughout the day it may say you've gained and some people find that discouraging... Measuring is also very important since people carry weight differently and muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are working out as well it may look like you arn't looking much on the scale but that tape measure could show loss of inches which means you are getting toned.. Hope that helps. Good luck with your goals.
  • kikakiss
    kikakiss Posts: 7
    Options
    Just stumbled upon this and thanks good advise. I also use the Health O Meter scale and was starting not to trust it. Told my husband "I'm not using that thing, it tells lies" one day I would be 2 lbs heavier and next 2 lbs less and on the same day different time if the day either I would have gained and lost lbs.:huh: So I just use the tape measure to see my result, but will also use the scale once a week like you say and try not to get too obsessed with the numbers. :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters which scale you use... just use the same one every time, same time of day and you'll see changes over time.
    Honestly, it really doens't matter if you are 0.24 kg lighter than the scale says - if you can see that over a period of 3months you've lost 8kg, that's what matters!

And weighing everyday is probably not going to be helpful - you see so many fluctuations that aren't really that useful. Once a week is good in my opinion.
  • c_amsler
    c_amsler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the good advice! I decided to weigh-in on Mondays. It motivates me to keep working throughout the week.
    Also, we are taking measurements on Mondays. Right now, I'm focused on the weight more than the measurements. I'm sure that will shift after I break 200lbs.

We shall see....