*waves* New guy looking for support!

Options
Hi all!
I'm Paul and I've used the MFP app before, but always seem to fall out of the habit after a few weeks. A friend of mine recommended that I sign up to the forum to get some extra support, so here I am! =)

I'm 36, married and father to a beautiful daughter who's getting worried about Daddy's health. If ever there was an incentive to try and kick some weight, it's that. However, I do miss the feel of community that comes with a slimming club, so I hope I can get some of that here.

Fingers crossed! =D

P.

Replies

• super_jade
    Options
    Hey, i might aswell be married and i have two young boys. trying my hardest to lose weight and was referred by a friend also. Still sort of new to MFP but i will be your friend! so much easier to slog it out when others are doing the same thing!!
  • halforc80
    halforc80 Posts: 29
    Options
    so much easier to slog it out when others are doing the same thing!!
    That's the truth! Thanks Jade. =)
  • Nika_gomez001
    Options
    Well I'm kinda new as well I can join this party. Everybody needs a kick in the butt now and then. I've also recently been ready to give up on MFP and my exercise and dieting regime. So with a little help from a friend I'm sure we'll all be ready for the summer. xx
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi P! Welcome back! I've only been on MFP for about 3 weeks, but I've stayed motivated by other members, especially my new MFP friends. Feel free to add me if you'd like. Good luck to you!
  • Julieslimx1
    Options
    Hi Paul, I use to feel to fat to take my grandchildren swimming. But what was more important? I feel fat or the quality time I share with the children. Now on Thursday I take my five year old granddaughter to her lesson and then swim with her on my back, oh what fun we have. Friday I take my thirteen year old grandson to his lesson and swim in the aside of him, he then tells me how well I have done at we get to spent quality time together too. The weight is disappearing, YEAHH