Cooking Light Magazine Recipes

Options
lhague
lhague Posts: 258
I have subscribe to Cooking Light for years. I love the recipes and they have always seemed to be more nutritious with using alternative ingredients with lower calorie intake.

Here is my question: When I input the recipe into MFP recipes I always get a higher calorie count per serving than the magazine says.

Any ideas?

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. Not necc from that magazine, but other things that list info. I always think: what are they using that I'm not? I think sometimes it's portion size. They consider something Serves 6, whereas I would set it at Serves 4.
  • lhague
    Options
    I've noticed that too. Not necc from that magazine, but other things that list info. I always think: what are they using that I'm not? I think sometimes it's portion size. They consider something Serves 6, whereas I would set it at Serves 4.

I put in the same portion size that the recipe says it serves. Should I use the calories that MFP calculates since my calorie goal is set on MFP's stats?
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I try and bar code scan as much as I can into it, that way I know it's right off the packaging.
  • lhague
    Options
    Good idea, I will do that. Thanks!