My first 10K in the bag

Options
paulwgun
paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
Yesterday planned to go for a run of 8k but was still aching from spin class on Friday so after work today i decided to attempt the 8 K

As part of my weight loss I've committed to doing a 10K charity run for a children's hospice in Wales and up to today have managed 6.9K so off I went to see if i could build on that and make it 8K today, it was quite warm and i first thought maybe i should leave it but decided to go

i was soaking with sweat but trundled on at my own pace and my phone tells me every 5 min how far I've gone and my pace 7. something k and I'm thinking "nearly there" the next update 8.5k so i thought well lets go for the 10

I did have a little tear in my eye when i finished, to think that i have just run 10K under my own steam and motivation

Last October I was panicking that i had committed to do couch to 5 k on the treadmill with a MFP friend ( Mary Kate Kruger )

Anyone who has any doubt about C25K one word DONT! its doable just listen to your body and take your time

If i can manage to achieve 10k in 5 months with some time off mind so id say about 4 months any one can do it
Get out and run folks :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Replies

• coopersmom2006
    Options
    Fabulous job! I just completed my first 10K race on the 17th and yesterday did that plus a mile further! Being bitten by the running bug is awesome. :) Feels great to work our bodies the way they were designed to be worked doesn't it? Keep up the great work!
  • Jupiter878
    Options
    I bet you feel GREAT! Running is so much more than exercise. It becomes your therapy, your friend, and changes the way you see everything. Food is fuel, your muscles have purpose. Every run is another chance to amaze yourself. Congratulations! Many more happy runs to you!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I bet you feel GREAT! Running is so much more than exercise. It becomes your therapy, your friend, and changes the way you see everything. Food is fuel, your muscles have purpose. Every run is another chance to amaze yourself. Congratulations! Many more happy runs to you!

Nicely said!!!
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options

Perfectly said!!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!!! im stiff this morning LOL but the old saying no pain no gain:bigsmile:
    Now that I know i can cover the 10K distance i feel a lot more positive in entering the charity race, Im never going to win it as i am a seriously slow runner but at least im not a couch potato no more :bigsmile:
  • garyl7593
    garyl7593 Posts: 38
    Options
    Congratulations.....onwards and upwards :) I love to run...its a drug!lol
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Yesterday planned to go for a run of 8k but was still aching from spin class on Friday so after work today i decided to attempt the 8 K

As part of my weight loss I've committed to doing a 10K charity run for a children's hospice in Wales and up to today have managed 6.9K so off I went to see if i could build on that and make it 8K today, it was quite warm and i first thought maybe i should leave it but decided to go

i was soaking with sweat but trundled on at my own pace and my phone tells me every 5 min how far I've gone and my pace 7. something k and I'm thinking "nearly there" the next update 8.5k so i thought well lets go for the 10

I did have a little tear in my eye when i finished, to think that i have just run 10K under my own steam and motivation

Last October I was panicking that i had committed to do couch to 5 k on the treadmill with a MFP friend ( Mary Kate Kruger )

Anyone who has any doubt about C25K one word DONT! its doable just listen to your body and take your time

If i can manage to achieve 10k in 5 months with some time off mind so id say about 4 months any one can do it
    Get out and run folks :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

WTG!

I bet you are glad you DID go out for the run afterall, you would have missed that opportunity otherwise. Everything was going exactly right for you!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!