How many calories burnt doing Zumba?!

Options
Can anybody tell me how many calories are burnt from doing a Zumba class and Zumba on the WII?! X

Replies

• CelesteG12
    Options
    Hi... I went to www.zumbacalories.com there is a zumba burned calories calculator where you put in your weight and work out minutes and it works out for you how many calories you have burned. Hope this helps :)
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll have a look x
  • kerrylmills
    Options
    i love zumba but was never sure what to put on here when logging it so i will have a look at that website too cheers!
  • LivyB14
    LivyB14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi... I went to www.zumbacalories.com there is a zumba burned calories calculator where you put in your weight and work out minutes and it works out for you how many calories you have burned. Hope this helps :)

That's what I use too -- it's great!
  • kerrylmills
    Options
    cheers for that i have just had a look and i have been burning more calories than i thought! bonus!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I just checked on there and just 20 minutes burns 179 calories and 45 burns 402! LOADS more than I thought!! Brilliant! Thanks for the website :) x
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of online calculators (including on here on MFP) but the only way to get a completely accurate number for your calorie burn is to wear a heart rate monitor (HRM) during exercise. You can find them on Amazon or at most chain retail super stores (Target, WalMart, etc). I recommend a Polar brand HRM.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    for 60 mins i burn about 800
  • jes1975
    jes1975 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My fitbit doesn't agree with www.zumbacalories.com. I'll keep going by my fitbit, and anything else is a bonus!