Smaller clothes shopping For the first time in my LIFE...

Options
I have NEVER... In the entirety of my life... Ever had to shop for a SMALLER size.

Tomorrow, I go shopping for a smaller swim suit.

I've been gaining weight fairly steadily from the time I got pregnant with my first....

I've been tracking the pounds, 20 lost, but the numbers don't really hit home. They're just numbers, and only 20 is daunting when that leaves 90 to go.

Since decided that enough was enough, my choice workout has been swimming, mostly because I am large breasted, and most other forms of cardio when they don't make sports bras in your cup size... hurts... And swimming burns a tremendous amount of calories, and uses the entire body. (And because I REALLY REALLY like swimming anyway)

As of my last swim, I realized that if I lost any more weight, the swim suit I have will cease to do it's job of covering certain aspects of my anatomy, and not because I've gotten to big, but because it's gotten that baggy! (It was TIGHT when this started too)

Other NSVs... with only 20 lbs lost, and much more telling....

While I can't comfortably wear them, and I can barely breathe in them, I can button my jeans, and I haven't worn jeans in 3 years. (I hit size 22, and REFUSED to buy bigger jeans at that point, and switched to slacks and more comfortable options)

Child's pose in yoga doesn't squish my stomach into my legs to the point where I have to modify it just so I can BREATHE AT ALL... I can do child's pose.. unmodified.. and breathe doing it. (the other poses are getting easier too, but that was the big one for me)

My clothes are starting to get gappy.

I had to scoot the seat of the car forward one notch because there's less of a butt against the seat.

I've gone from a slow paced butterfly stroke for a half hour to using that just to warm up and cool down, and other strokes for an hour. Now it's backstroke for 15 minutes, size stroke for 15, crawl/freestyle/whatever they call it now for 15, and breast stroke for 15. Now working to getting more laps in during each of those 15... and MAYBE cutting the side stroke down to 10, and picking up another 5 on the crawl stroke...

I'm taking motrin much less often for back and other joint aches than I have in YEARS. I was worried about addiction on this one, until I realized I took motrin twice in one day yesterday, but that it was the first time I'd needed any in a few weeks.

At first, 20 pounds when I had 90 left was oddly discouraging in that "so far to go" sort of way... but with all the other effects at JUST 20 POUNDS, I'm excited to see what the next 20 will bring.

Replies

• nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's awesome isn't it, those little NSV's along the way to keep us going. It's actually funny the things you realize when losing weight. Keep up the fantastic work and good luck with your healty lifestyle journey!
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    What a huge number of NSV, great work and good luck for the next ones and then the next ones and before you know if you will have lost those 90lbs
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not quite at the point of needing to go shopping, but I went through the wardrobe and realised clothes I had stopped wearing a couple of years ago now fitted and threw out bits that I will never wear again as they are too big. Previously would have kept them, in case... Now if I slip back into old habits I will have to either lose the weight or buy new clothes and I am mean to buy new clothes!!

It was great finding trousers fitting over the beer gut rather than under it! :laugh:
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    *cheers Hookandy* That's awesome
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome!!! Stay motivated and keep up the great work! :)
  • tpeacoe1
    tpeacoe1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thats awesome! When I first started to work out, I was sooooo exhausted. As a week passed, it was easier for me to do those things that I normally would be OUT of breath doing:) Keep up the good work. 20lbs may not seem like a lot but youre on the road to success<3
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am so so happy for you! I just posted a question on the exercise board about swimming for weight loss and then came and read this. I am feeling so encouraged! Well done you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!