Bingo Wings!

Options
Hi All

I'm doing the 30 day shred and I can notice a slight difference in the muscle tone in my arms, but I don't seem to be able to get rid of the old bingo wings - has anyone got any hints or tips at all? I only have 2.5kg weights, so kind of piddly really, I do need to get some slightly heavier ones :) any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Replies

• katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    lmao I had never heard of this term until I saw Damon say it on Shark Tank! lol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    It's fat and loose skin. Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat nor tighten loose skin with exercise. Patience and time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Just keep going... I've lost some weight and am getting fitter and stronger and my "tuck shop lady arm" are still in evidence but less floppy than they used to be. It's been 15 months since I started out though!
  • Creativedreamer1
    Options
    Hey wots the 30 day shred? im trying real hard to fix my upper arms, doing all sorts at the gym and slowly im getting results. They used to b wings to make any reputable bingo player proud. Lol. Is the 30 day shred some thing that can help me outm
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's fat and loose skin. Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat nor tighten loose skin with exercise. Patience and time.

^WHS.

It sucks being patient though
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Check out "New Rules of Lifting For Women," if you are looking to increase muscle and tone.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bingo Wings.... LOL.... I call mine Bat Wings, so I can fly away....
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a fitness DVD by Jillian Michaels (of US Biggest Loser fame I believe) It's really great! xxx
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Once I get down to my goal weight I plan to fly like a sugar glider sans wingsuit. So bingo wings aren't all bad.

1z9kpj.jpg

28rmckm.jpg
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Arghhh I have the same problem!!! They are the biggest pain in the *kitten*. I've lost weight around my waist but still won't wear sleeveless tops / dresses as I've got the flaps hanging out!!
  • frankiesats
    frankiesats Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    tricep dips and push ups !
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    tricep dips and push ups !

They won't help loose skin and fat. If your skin has stretched from all the constant weight loss and gains over the years only surgery will help I am afraid.
  • Creativedreamer1
    Options
    I have loads of scaring and marks on my upper arms from weight gain amd loss and am getting there with the tightening up..... slowly, but in a weird way im also very proud of those nasty scars coz it represents how damn hard I worked to lose the weight. Even the minging loose bit on my tummy, its like hey I did it, I lost the weight, im almost there and its a lil reminder that I can do it.
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bingo wings too butkeep masaging with oil or lotion, drink plenty and carry on...mine are bad but i put that down to age, but keep the body /skin supple and it should improve