Acai Berry Supplements.

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
anyone tried these tablets?

ive been thinking of going on diet tablets for quite a while now - just to help a little bit more with my weightloss, as its very very very slowly atm, and im doing lots of excercise! =/

i know alot of people have mixed views on diet tablets. but alls i wanna know is if there any good, thats all. i dont want to read paragraphs of nonsense about them. its soo late too read alot (11:15pm)

just keep it short and sweet of your views about Acai Berry supplements and if there worth it or not :)

thanks in advanced x

Replies

• dgoradia
    dgoradia Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that it's a fad.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I take acai but not for weight loss. I haven't read anything that says it truly aids in weightloss. Just for the superfood benefits. Do your research on acai. Most "acai" is flavored, made from seeds, or inappropriately prepared and stored.

I won't touch anything that isn't pure freeze dried acai berry pulp and skin. The powder should be a very dark purple. It is available if you look for it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Back to the OP

Acai berries have been demonstrated to have anti-oxidant capabilities, much like many other berries. The quality of supplements varies widely, you can get the same (or better) by including real berries (blueberries, raspberries) in your diet.
  • ELF_Winters
    Options
    I've tried Acai berry tablets and find they work. I brought some at the beginning of the year and lost 8lbs in the first week without really doing anything. :) I plan to get some more soon as I stopped for a while. It all depends really. I got mine from eBay for about £4, they were extreme strength type ones. :)
  • Chrissieneave
    Chrissieneave Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I take Acai Berry tablets at a high strength too, I will get it straight that i DIDNT get them to aid weight loss, i simply take them for their antioxidant levels. I've certainly not lost any weight through taking these tablets, as my weight loss has not speeded up since taking them.

Good healthy diet, plenty of water & exercise is the way forward. :)
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It is not a fad and they do work but you have to diet and exercise along with it.

They give you more energy, therefore increasing your metabolism. I've been taking them for a while now, and I am so much more energetic.

They definitely work. They are a super-food so of course they will assist you in your weight loss.

Good luck
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Great first post jeniffer008 , you're an asset to the community. Well done. I look forward to future high quality posts on products you may be selling.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Short and sweet answer.. they do nothing. These is no study (that I'm aware of) that supports weight loss claims. If people know of some studies which do support the claims, post them up here. I'd like to read them.

annafonte :

It is not a fad and they do work but you have to diet and exercise along with it.

So is the the supplement that is doing the weight loss or the diet and exercise?
    They give you more energy, therefore increasing your metabolism.

how do they give you energy?
    I've been taking them for a while now, and I am so much more energetic.

Great for you but one person doesn't make a clinical trial do they?
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I find that they just give you an energy boost, I have not lost any weight because of them. They are really only good as an antioxident. I wondering whether to stop taking them because of the caffeine in them.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    " just keep it short and sweet of your views about Acai Berry supplements and if there worth it or not :)"

Not.