NSV?

Options
I've seen people posting NSV nonstop but I guess Im not quite sure what a NSV really is. Please someone explain and leave your NSV :)

Replies

• soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    NSV = non scale victory
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    To go a little more in depth, it's something that's not a number on a scale. Clothes fitting better, new sizes, feeling better, looking better, running a mile without stopping, climbing stairs and not being out of breath.. anything that lets you know your lifestyle change is taking effect even if the number on the scale stays the same.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    For further clarification, it is when instead of seeing the scales go down and using that as a marker, you notice other things that show you are winning e.g. trying on some pants you used to wear and suddenly they are too large and you now have to buy a size smaller, or on the flip side (a personal NSV) noticing that when playing football (soccer for the Americans) when you and some big guy are both shoulder to shoulder going after the ball, you start winning the battles more often than not thanks to increased strength and weight.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    tpeacoe1:

LOL I just googled it myself...
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Non-scale victory.

I can now fit into an XL instead of a 2XL
    I can now last 35 min on the arc trainer as opposed to 10 min when I first started
    I can overhead press 30 lbs for 3 sets of 12 instead of 10lbs for 1 set of 12
    My seatbelt doesn't dig into my hip anymore.

Get the idea?? It helps with your state of mind when the scale doesn't move!!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I had a great NSV this weekend...my smallest pair of jeans were falling off of me so bad that I think its time for a new pair! At thanksgiving, I could not even pull them up past my thighs.
  • kprangernix07
    kprangernix07 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Agh! I understand now! I was at the gym, and (even thought Ive gained a pound??) I leaned back on my hands after sit ups, and saw my bicep peaking out for the first time in a while!!!! Oh welcome back muscles!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!