starting all over again

Options
hi everyone my name is Gayle, I am 47 years old and again am starting over on weight loss. In my young life I was a skinny rail never gained an ounce and ate everything. since my first pregnancy my body changed and seems I looked at food and I gained. So since then I have struggled with weight. WW was my most success and I took off all but 10 pounds of the weight I needed to. But then I got lazy and ate again. Plus being an emotional eater and going through several emotional points in my life... well you know the rest. Here I am hoping to find support and encouragement and even friends.

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    hi everyone my name is Gayle, I am 47 years old and again am starting over on weight loss. In my young life I was a skinny rail never gained an ounce and ate everything. since my first pregnancy my body changed and seems I looked at food and I gained. So since then I have struggled with weight. WW was my most success and I took off all but 10 pounds of the weight I needed to. But then I got lazy and ate again. Plus being an emotional eater and going through several emotional points in my life... well you know the rest. Here I am hoping to find support and encouragement and even friends.

Welcome Gayle!

I did WW years ago when they calorie counted, lost all my weight back then too. I was the same as you, though put weight back on.

Not sure how the points system works in WW nowadays mind, I like calorie counting hehe
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    hi, always looking for encourgement as well, :))
  • dcazll
    dcazll Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I have been in the same boat, used to be a skinny minny and in my mind I still was, until I couldn't do my jeans up, so now I'm here to learn what my body needs (or doesn't) and to change for the better.

Feel free to add me : )
  • Marm1954
    Marm1954 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayle, I'm Mary Anne. When I got married, I weighed 104 and up until our son was born a couple of years later I still weighed 104. I began to gain weight when I got pregnant with our daughter and after she was born, I weighed 120. After than I gained and then lost weight lots of times. I lack will power. When we moved I gained even more weight and weighed the most I'd ever weighed. I decided that I needed to lose and was determined that this be a lifestyle (like ME), I needed to be able to eat all the same foods I normally would eat, just less of them and I needed to keep track and exercise. While I still have 10 pounds I'd like to lose, I have lost 47, so far. The last 10 have been significantly harder. Good luck on your journey and I'm there for you!
  • budmansbrat
    Options
    everyone needs friends on their road to success!!!
  • GrooveVandal
    GrooveVandal Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Hello Gayle, this post could have been written by me! I'm exactly the same. I ended up doing really well and then quit smoking and gained 70lbs. So im now back on track to shift that weight and try to live the rest of my life healthily. Good luck on your journey and i'm here also if you need support. :)
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im very much like you in that I was happy with myself physically until my mid thirties and now post-pregnancy I need to work on this impostor body that I dont recognise. Please feel free to add me as a friend
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    good luck feel free to add me 8)
  • iamshawnalee
    Options
    I signed up 2 weeks ago and already fell off the wagon. So, I too, am starting over. My name is Shawna, and I am looking at losing 100 pounds. I struggle with staying on plan. I am always a great starter, lets get a group of finishers. Who's with us?
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Carolyn and I'm starting my weight loss journey over. I started a year ago and lost 41lbs. I was attending school at the time and graduation was approaching so I stop going to gym (and gained the weight back) to make sure I finished strong. Now I'm back at it again. I'm more commited to my program this time around.
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello Gayle.

If you would like to add me to your list of friends, that would be great. I was always very reed thin up until my 20s. I was a WW'er and lost 65 pounds to have gained 50 of it back off and on. I have been journaling here on MFP going on 3 weeks now. I am hoping that we can in some way that we can share words of encouragement along this journey daily. Have a wonderful day!:happy:
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We are all in this boat together! I started having issues with my weight after I started having kids. I would lose the weight after having them and then gain it all back up to full pregnancy weight! I am still over weight all these years later. Can't blame it on "baby fat". My father was an uncontrolled diabetic and passed away in January. This was my turning point. I know that what happened to him could very well happen to me if I don't get a grip on things and turn this around. Love this site with all the motivation and support that is around.
  • TeeScott
    TeeScott Posts: 4
    Options
    My name is Teresa. I joined Myfitnesspal last year and slowly dwindled away from posting. I am back now with a new attitude and hoping to lose some unwanted pounds and get healthy!