Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein shakes on rest days?

Sunday is generally my only rest day but there is no way I can hit my protein goal that day without a shake with protein powder, especially since I don't have any exercise calories to eat back. Is it OK to make them on my rest days or are they more just for work out days??

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    No problem, if it helps you meet your daily goal go for it. It also helps keep you fuller longer.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    You need protein everyday regardless of working out.....even if you never worked out again you would need protein, so if you need to do a shake to reach your goals do it!!!
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    No problem, if it helps you meet your daily goal go for it. It also helps keep you fuller longer.

This! I LOVE my protein shakes and I love even more how I feel full for hours after! Ok, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I needed as much protein on my off days.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I've read that protein synthesis continues for up to 24-48 hours after working out, so you body still needs it the next day as well.

Drink up!

:)
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    I have one everyday too!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    who said that you could only have them on workout days?

if you want one, you have one.
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    I looooove my protein shakes so I have one (or two) every day!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Sunday is generally my only rest day but there is no way I can hit my protein goal that day without a shake with protein powder, especially since I don't have any exercise calories to eat back. Is it OK to make them on my rest days or are they more just for work out days??
    Eat whole foods. Better and cheaper.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    You need protein everyday regardless of working out.....even if you never worked out again you would need protein, so if you need to do a shake to reach your goals do it!!!

^^ This exactly! :smile:
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Like condoms, always better without