Another newbie

Options
Hi all, just discovered this site. Very impressed with what i've seen so far. I started my diet and fitness regime 3 weeks ago. Lost 10lb so far in the first 2 weeks and nothing in the 3rd week despite joining the gym! Grr. If anyone has any tips on the best weight loss exercise, i would be eternally grateful.
Thank you and good luck to everyone

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and welcome to MFP! I think you'll find a lot of success here if you stick with it through the highs and lows and recognize that getting healthier is a journey. IMO, the best exercise is the one that you'll stick with and enjoy. I like walking outside and use the eliptical when I can't walk, others prefer running, the stairmaster, or workout DVDs. Whatever works for you.

Best of luck to you!
  • GrooveVandal
    GrooveVandal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you

I am actually really enjoying the gym. I walk there as well which is a 15 minute uphill walk so im nicely warmed up ready to use the machines. I've been trying to spend at least 15 mins each on at least 3 machines and then some time in the weights section. It wears me out, i sleep well and i ache the following day so i guess im doing ok so far. Will be adding some form of aqua aerobics to the list as well. I guess i was initially shocked at losing nothing in the first ever week i have put myself out to exercise as well as diet. Im sure next week will be ok tho. :)