2012 RUNNING/JOGGING GOALS

Options
Ms_Jae
Ms_Jae Posts: 36 Member
I use to run when I was younger and now that I'm older running it soooo not the same. But I enjoy it none the less cause when I run it's like I'm in my own little world flying free, no cares no worries nothing just me. my down fall is that I'm pron to injury which has caused me some set backs. but that is quite okay because it does not stop me. just motivates me to learn correct form, habits, paths and trails that I can travel. so my goals for this year are:

GOALS FOR 2012:
I want to run injury free this year
I want to run a 5k in 30min or less
I want to run 300 - 500 miles
I want to participate in five 5k races

Tell your goals and at the end of the year lets compare notes!

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have loads of fitness goals.

My running goals are however:
    - run a 5k race under 28mins
    - run a 10k race (time unknown at this stage)
    - run a half marathon.
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My 2012 goals

- complete C25K
    - join a parkrun at least once a month (when kids football season has finished)
    - be able to do 5km without stopping
    - have a 5km time of less than 40 minutes (yes, I'm a very slow jogger/plodder right now)
    - inspire my kids to run too
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've only been running for three weeks and I'm starting to regret my 2012 goal already....:

- Run 10k at the end of May!

I'm up to 3 mile training runs now (with one or two breaks to stretch or walk), and I'm really hoping I can up my mileage in time for May... I didn't opt for the 5k as I usually do the 'Swimathon' every year, which is a 5k swim to raise money for Marie Curie. I figured that as I can already swim 5k, I should be able to run 10k, right? Bad logic :/

Good luck with your goals everyone :D
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 10k at the end of May it is quite a tough challenge but i am running 3x a week 2-3 miles and cross training 3x a week feeling fitter and better for it! :-)
  • Spence_
    Spence_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 10k at the end of May it is quite a tough challenge but i am running 3x a week 2-3 miles and cross training 3x a week feeling fitter and better for it! :-)

Good effort :) What do you do on your cross training days?
  • Ms_Jae
    Ms_Jae Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @ gmh1981: It is ok if your jog is slow. you should have seen my first 5k time. woooo! now that was something to laugh at :)
    but as long as your still moving that is all that counts! Good Luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do not love running, but I do love the results. My only running goal this year is to run a 5k race this June with my daughter. When we signed up I thought it was just a run, not a race, but Friday I discovered it is a timed race!! So, not only do I have to get back up to where I can actually run a 5k (I'm about to start week 4 of the c25k) but I'll have to work on speed as well. And that's not something I've ever been much good at.

At least the race has a 35 & over division that gives extra credit for every year you are over 30. At my age I might just win the thing. :laugh:
  • momof3boys090808
    momof3boys090808 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This motivates me even more reading all these goals....I have tram longer then 3 mins without feeling like my heart feeling like its going to explode....BUT I'm more determined now then ever. Going to do some jogging today. So my small goal for right now is to be able to run a mile no stopping by may, then I'll add another goal when I get there ;)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Well, besides D.C. Ragnar and TN Ragnar, there's this one old guy that always seems to pass me in the last 200 meters of our local 5Ks. I guess my main goal is not to see him any more. . . of course that means getting back to under 25 minutes.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My for running/jogging goals for 2012

1. Run 5 miles in 30 min ( hope to accomplish this by Sept 30th 2012)
    2. Complete 5K run in sept for the Ovarian Cancer
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012:

1) Hypothermic Half marathon (did that in Jan)
    2) Half Marathon in May (goal time 2:15)
    3) First sprint triathlon this summer (did a duathlon last year)
    4) Army Run half marathon in Sep with goal time of 2:00
    5) log 2000km running the whole year
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    crosstraining
    I've found cycling (especially road) and running are very complimentary. I hadn't ridden for more than 15 years and after a month of running in the mornings and cycling in the evenings and for errands, the average running speed dropped a good 0:30 per mile. I didn't drop any weight (maybe 2 lbs) only got stronger.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    First goal is to break my PR of 24:59 for a 5k. I'm really hoping I can do that this weekend!

I've gotten a couple medals (in smaller races), but my ultimate goal is to win a trophy. :blushing:
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1. run a 5K in under 28 minutes (haven't run a 5K yet in 2012 but summer running in FLA are all 5K's..been doing distance so far.)
    2. Run 4 half marathons in 2012 - beat my current PR of 2h13m. (2 down).
    3. run my first marathon in 2012 - goal under 4:45. (trying to get in the lotto for the Nike's Womens Marathon in San Fran in Oct.)
    4. Log in +600 miles in 2012 (I logged in 300 in '11).
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    1) run my first 5k (due 1st April 2012)
    2) sign up for at least one more 5k this year
    3) sign up for and complete a 10k
    4) become a regular runner
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    My goal for 2012is:
    1) to finish the c25k program.
    To be able to run a 5k with out stopping. My time last year was 33. So hoping to do better then that.
    I think im on a good start....
  • sproeber89
    Options
    My running goals for 2012:
    1) Become a strong/faster runner
    2) Run five 5K's through the year
    3) Get under 30 minutes in at least one of those 5K's

Next year I'll be tackling the half marathon hopefully!
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Run my first official 5k race
    Run a 5k in 30 min or less non stop
    Complete the Zombie Run Alive
    Be able to do a 10k non stop
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've only been running for three weeks and I'm starting to regret my 2012 goal already....:

- Run 10k at the end of May!

I'm up to 3 mile training runs now (with one or two breaks to stretch or walk), and I'm really hoping I can up my mileage in time for May... I didn't opt for the 5k as I usually do the 'Swimathon' every year, which is a 5k swim to raise money for Marie Curie. I figured that as I can already swim 5k, I should be able to run 10k, right? Bad logic :/

Good luck with your goals everyone :D

I'm working on a 10k now too. I run 7-9k 3 times a week (ok, that includes 5min warmup, and I'm still doing run/walk intervals 5run 1 walk). I should get up to 10k straight by mid may though. May need to find a longer trail. Again.

5k swim eh, I never managed more than 1. Great exercise though.

My running goals so far are just to stick with it and get up to 10k. Maybe a race in fall. Who knows.
  • Lydiamary248
    Options
    Its taken me ages to finally see myself as a runner! Having finally accepted that I CAN run I have set myself some challenges some which I have completed some to complete before this year ends ( so plenty of time in theory to complete them)

1. Run atleast 4-5 times a week
    2. Run 10 miles ( Completed)
    3. Run a half marathon
    4. Run 5km in less then 30 mins

Hopefully now I have successfully done the 10 mile run the half marathon is truly an option!