Im so frustrated!!!

Options
I started taking Oxelite Pro for 1 week now and watching what i eat, way below 1500 cal and worked out 5 days this week. stepped on the scale this morning and lost NOTHING! This is beoynd frustrating for me i just am in a complete give up mode, as sad as that is to say. i have no idea what to do anymore apparently watching what i eat and working out and taking diet pill (which i did not want to result to) isnt doing anything. maybe im overreacting an expecting to much to soon but i need something to motivate me.

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    you said it
  • kealambert
    Options
    eat more, not less
  • glacroix
    glacroix Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much "way below" is, that could be your problem! If you're going too far with your calorie deficit, your body will prevent any weight loss. How much are you eating and burning?
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    eat more, not less

I was going to say the same thing. How much do you weigh and how long have you been stuck on your current weight? Also, what is your sodium intake like and are you drinking enough water. Go easy on yourself and stick to it. Sometimes we fail to realize no gain is a plus. Think about it, if you give up, the scale will change but I think you want it to go down. Hang in there and remember you didn't get here overnight so it's not going away overnight. Focus on getting healthy vs. losing lbs and you should be fine. I know it's difficult but you've got to stay the course.

Good luck!
  • Lotus1026
    Lotus1026 Posts: 49
    Options
    its is always between 1200-1500 and i eat alot of fruits throughout the day instead of the fatty foods
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    1) without knowing your current weight / goals or what you're eating we can't really advise you - you might not be eating enough net calories.
    2) are you following MFP guidelines as to calorie intake?
    3) 1 week isn't going to show you a lot on any weight loss regime. Give it time :)
    4) diet pills seem to be pointless, faddy wastes of money. Don't rely on them, because you're setting yourself up for disappointment!
    5) good luck, stay on track and keep with MFP recommendations, and you'll see improvements!
  • kealambert
    Options
    my fear is with MFP's popularity, will come the trendy diet-seekers. be careful to UNDERSTAND your body before settling on a technique to get healthier. as a previous poster said, it's about being HEALTHY not losing weight...you can do both, but you must put the health horse in front of the weight cart
  • rondua82
    rondua82 Posts: 9
    Options
    I want to say exactly the same as the others. You should eat enough calories to supply your body with energy. Without that it will go to starvation mode and you will start gaining instead of losing weight. Remember, that if you exercise more, you should eat more as well. Also, you say that you eat a lot of fruits. I would recomment eating vegetables instead. Good carbs with not so much sugar. Go through you diary and check if you eat enough nutritions and keep them in balance.
    And don't give up! You will start losing weight soon, just be patient :) We all are here for you!!! Big smile :))))))
  • Lotus1026
    Options
    im 5'6 and ugh...209. i don’t look like it though i mean I’m pretty proportionate. But I am just mortified, I lost 15lbs last year unhealthily due to stress and wasn’t eating much, so I expected to gain it back but obviously I felt better about myself 15lbs lighter. I just have been at this stand still for a while now an I work out and have toned up some places its just the darn scale that hates me!
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    the scale may hate you - but have you tried tracking measurements? Maybe the tape measure will love you to make up for the scale being the baddie :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Patience is the hardest part of weight loss for me. I have plenty of weeks that I don't lose, or gain a lb or two. The scale is sometimes mean. Hang in there for 10 weeks and see where you are then! If you still haven't lost, do your best to see a nutritionist. Make sure you check the possible side effects on the pill you're taking to make sure it's not dangerous. good luck!
  • kealambert
    Options
    your attitude is 100% the thing to work on, I'd say! if your outlook is negative and filled with 'i want it now!' then you will most likely fail when you don't see immediate results.

as is harped to death on here, you didn't get where you are overnight, you cannot get where you plan to overnight either.

remember your health and LONGTERM happiness is what is most important, and the willingness to be patient will get you far better results than any get-thin-quick plan will.
  • glacroix
    Options
    its is always between 1200-1500 and i eat alot of fruits throughout the day instead of the fatty foods

But how much are you burning in your workouts?
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If your are working out pretty hard 5 days a week and eating less than 1500 cal a day...you are not eating enough...just my opinion. :)
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    And you don't need the diet pills!! They will do more harm than good!!!
  • Lotus1026
    Options
    i typically burn anywhere between 300-500 with cardio and then do strength exercising as well. i honestly have no desire to be "skinny" just drop like 30-40 pounds to get in my weight range for my age, get healthy and have more confidence. i mean i would obv be thinnner then i am now but i not trying to get to 120lb haha i liked the was i looked at 150-160 in high school. :) then again i was also involved heavily with soccer in highschool i think i will stear clear of the scale for a while and concentrate on what im eating, what im doing at the gym and how my cloths fit. maybe the scale is "just a number" and i should be more concerned we measurements :)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your starting date or stats, but looking for big progress in one week may be overly hopeful. Unless you're a contestant on Biggest Loser, it takes time to lose weight, and some weeks nothing comes off. I agree with others who suggest you may not be eating enough, but my primary suggestion is to simply have patience.
  • kealambert
    Options
    an active person who weighs 209 lbs should be eating around 2000 calories NET
  • glacroix
    Options
    Yeah, I think you might be looking at a case of undereating. When I was 209 (I'm 5'2), I would naturally burn something like 2100 calories a day, and if you add 500+ calories to that you get to 2600+, so if you only eat 1200-1500, you're in a deficit of near-to-over 1000 calories. From what I've read, the sweet spot for calorie deficit is around 700-900 and 1000+ pushes the line for gearing the body up for starvation mode (even if you're not actually hungry or losing energy or anything, the body is just steeling itself *against* any fat loss when you're asking it to give up so much of it at a time).

I would suggest upping your calorie intake by a couple hundred to stay under a 900 deficit for a week or so (on days that you work out at least) and see how that works. It's individual for everyone though (for instance, my own sweet spot is near 600, if I try to lose more than that, I'll plateau).
  • Lotus1026
    Options
    "an active person who weighs 209 lbs should be eating around 2000 calories NET"

holy cow that sounds like alot! but maybe your right i might be eating to little even though it seems like alot to me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!